Cigna Wins 'International Benefits Provider of the Year' Award Two Years in a Row
WILMINGTON, Del., September 25, 2012 - Cigna Global Health Benefits received the "International Benefits Provider of the Year" award for the second year in a row at this month's 2012 Expatriate Management and Mobility Awards (EMMAs) in Las Vegas. The EMMAs, considered to be the Oscars of the global mobility profession, recognized Cigna for overall excellence in the field of expatriate insurance.
"Each day, Cigna furthers our customer-centric commitment by developing innovative products and providing superior customer service," said Andrew Kielty, president of Cigna Global Health Benefits. "I am extremely proud of our team for winning this award two years in a row."
The Forum for Expatriate Management (FEM) brings all sides of the global mobility industry together, including international human resource and global mobility professionals, and sponsors the EMMAs at its yearly U.S. Global Mobility Summit. The EMMAs are judged by an independent panel of directors.
This year, the EMMA award drew more than 1,000 entries. Cigna was a stand-out nominee because of its vast global network and diverse options to support different types of employees.
"Winning an EMMA is the ultimate recognition of excellence in global mobility. Congratulations to Cigna," said Brian Friedman, founder and CEO of FEM.
Cigna is the world leader in the globally mobile employee insurance market, providing coverage to more than 870,000 customers around the world, with sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions through local licenses and partnerships.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 71 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger