Cigna's Chief Operating Officer of US Individual & Family Plans Raymond Smithberger Chosen by Hartford Business Journal's 40 Under 40
26 July 2012
- Chief Operating Officer, US Individual & Family Plans for Cigna
BLOOMFIELD, Conn. July 26, 2012 -Raymond Smithberger, chief operating officer US Individual and Family Plans at Cigna (NYSE: CI) has been selected for the Hartford Business Journal's 40 under 40. Smithberger, chosen from over 100 nominations, joins the 2012 class as one of the Hartford area's most talented and committed leaders. The Harford Business Journal has been honoring inspiring business leaders for the past 17 years.
Smithberger, 37, is responsible for strategy and operations of Cigna's US Individual and Family Plans segment and has been in this role since 2010. Prior to his current role at Cigna he led a team of 4,000 with operations in the United States, Philippines, India and Ireland in billing, revenue management, banking, claims and eligibility. Before starting at Cigna he worked at United Health Group.
Smithberger holds a master's of business administration from the University of Central Florida and a bachelor's degree in biology from Ohio Northern University. He has received advanced leadership training from the University of Virginia's Darden School of Business and is a member of Leadership Greater Hartford, where he recently completed their year long Summit program, an invitation only program in association with The Clarion Group, which provides a powerful leadership development experience for advanced leaders. He currently lives in Avon, CT..
Cigna (NYSE: CI) is a global health service and financial company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. Cigna Corporation's operating subsidiaries in the United States provide an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, as well as group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions and has approximately 66 million customer relationships throughout the world. All products and services are provided exclusively by such operating subsidiaries and not by Cigna Corporation. Such operating subsidiaries include Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, and Connecticut General Life Insurance Company. To learn more about Cigna, visit www.cigna.com. To sign up for email alerts or an RSS feed of company news, log on to http://www.cigna.com/newsroom/rss. Also, follow us on Twitter at @cigna, visit Cigna's YouTube channel at http://www.youtube.com/cigna and listen to Cigna's podcast series with healthy tips and information at http://www.cigna.com/podcasts or by searching "Cigna" in iTunes.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans