Cigna's Dental Health Maintenance Organization Has Largest Network in Nation
- More than 7,000 general dentist locations and nearly 9,000 specialty care locations
- Convenient Dental Access Nationwide
- More network dentists provide customers with greater access, choice, quality care and cost savings
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., December 17, 2012 - Cigna's Dental Health Maintenance Organization (DHMO) network is the largest in the nation with more than 7,000 general dentist locations, according to The Ignition Group's latest NetMinder report. Cigna's highly successful DHMO network has been growing by double-digit percentages each year since 2008 and currently provides industry-leading service* to over 1.3 million customers throughout the U.S.
"When a dentist is easy to find and convenient to access, more people can take advantage of preventive care. This in turn can help lead to better overall personal health and wellness," said Dr. Michael Hahn, national dental director for Cigna. "Most people don't realize that tooth decay is a chronic disease. The key to managing it is to take care of your teeth and gums before a problem begins."
To participate in Cigna's dental networks, dentists must successfully complete a rigorous and selective screening process to verify they are licensed, credentialed practitioners.
In addition to access to the nation's largest network, Cigna's DHMO customers also have access to a live Dental Information Line staffed with health care professionals 24/7/365 for any oral health related questions. They can also find real-time information about their dental benefits, and online tools such as cavity and gum disease risk assessments and dental health articles and videos from WebMD at myCigna.com.
* Gartner® & 1 to 1® Media - Gold medal for "exemplary customer strategy and excellence in customer experience." June 2010
About The Ignition Group and NetMinder
Released twice a year by The Ignition Group, the NetMinder report compares data derived from leading dental carriers' online provider directories and direct carrier data submissions. For DHMO networks, the comparison is based on office locations where at least one general dentist practices in each carrier's network. For more information about NetMinder, visit www.netminder.com.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 71 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Names Jim Hickey as Market President for South Texas Commercial Health Plans
- Cigna Furthers Commitment to Promote Mental Well-Being by Collaborating With Happify Health and Prevail Health to Offer New Digital Tools
- New Cigna Pregnancy App Enables Improved Health and Lower Costs For Pregnant Women
- Cigna Reports Strong Third Quarter 2018 Results, Raises Outlook
- Cigna Study Shows Improved Health, Well-being and Affordability for Individuals with Integrated Medical, Behavioral and Pharmacy Benefits
- Cigna Issues Statement Commending the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act