Eugene (Gene) Rapisardi Named President and General Manager for Cigna in Southern California and Nevada
12 January 2012
Glendale , Calif. - January 12, 2012 - Cigna (NYSE:CI) has named Eugene (Gene) Rapisardi as president and general manager for Southern California and Nevada. In this role, Rapisardi serves as the senior leader for Cigna's operations, competitiveness and growth in the region. His responsibilities include enhancing customer satisfaction through personalized service; helping to improve quality of care by working in collaboration with area heath care professionals; assisting clients to improve the health and productivity of their workforces, and leading Cigna's efforts to serve the community. Rapisardi will be based in Glendale.
"Gene brings strong leadership and an outstanding customer service focus to these markets," stated Christopher De Rosa, Cigna west region president. "His in-depth industry knowledge combined with his ability to develop creative solutions that meet client needs will strengthen our Southern California and Nevada operations and deliver on our mission to improve the health, well-being and sense of security of the people and communities we serve."
With more than 30 years of experience in the health care industry, Rapisardi was most recently the senior vice president of sales for Cigna in Southern California. Prior to this, he held an array of leadership positions with other leading health insurance companies. Rapisardi is active in the community, serving as a volunteer chaplain for a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center in Lancaster and participates in various professional organizations.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 70 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Waives Customer Cost-Sharing For COVID-19 Treatment And Deploys Clinical Teams To Increase Virtual Care Capacity
- Cigna Makes It Easier For Hospitals To Focus On COVID-19 By Helping Accelerate Patient Transfers
- Cigna Expands Benefits To Support And Protect Its Workforce In Response To COVID-19
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing Terms of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Corporation Announces Early Results of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Takes Additional Actions To Protect Customers And Communities Against COVID-19