HealthSpring's Herb Fritch Honored as Most Admired CEO by Nashville Peers
10 December 2012
NASHVILLE (December 10, 2012) - HealthSpring founder and Cigna (NYSE:CI) executive Herb Fritch has been honored as the Most Admired CEO by the Nashville Business Journal's inaugural Most Admired CEOs Awards. The peer-selected awards, which received over 400 nominations, recognized Fritch as the Most Admired CEO in the public company category.
Fritch, a veteran health care executive and innovative pioneer of quality-based health care, founded HealthSpring in 2000 and successfully led it to be one of the country's largest and fastest growing health service companies serving the health care needs of U.S. seniors. Under Fritch's leadership, HealthSpring has been recognized among Fortune 500 companies and earlier this year, completed its acquisition by Cigna for $3.8 billion. Additionally, HealthSpring has made significant contributions to communities and economies in which it serves, including thousands of jobs locally and throughout the country. Fritch continues to lead HealthSpring in a strategic expansion to serve the health needs of the growing U.S. seniors market.
"I'm truly honored to be recognized with this award from my peers and local business leaders. It's a great testament to Nashville's thriving and influential business community to have such a company of leaders and I'm honored to be among them," said HealthSpring President Herb Fritch.
The inaugural event honored 27finalists in seven categories, plus a Lifetime Achievement Award. Fritch received recognition at the awards dinner held Tuesday, Dec. 4, at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center. For a full list of winners, please visit www.bizjournals.com/nashville/.
HealthSpring, a Cigna company, is one of the country's leading health plans focused on delivering care to the senior population, predominately through Medicare Advantage and other Medicare and Medicaid products. Along with its companies Bravo Health and Leon Medical Centers Health Plans, HealthSpring serves more than one million customers in locations across the country. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, HealthSpring operates health plans in Alabama, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia and Washington, D.C. HealthSpring also offers a national stand-alone prescription drug plan. For more information, visit www.healthspring.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Waives Customer Cost-Sharing For COVID-19 Treatment And Deploys Clinical Teams To Increase Virtual Care Capacity
- Cigna Makes It Easier For Hospitals To Focus On COVID-19 By Helping Accelerate Patient Transfers
- Cigna Expands Benefits To Support And Protect Its Workforce In Response To COVID-19
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing Terms of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Corporation Announces Early Results of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Takes Additional Actions To Protect Customers And Communities Against COVID-19