Cigna Announces New Medicare Supplement Product
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., January 16, 2013 - On February 4, 2013, Cigna will begin sales of its new Medicare Supplement Plans insured by American Retirement Life Insurance Company. The program will be marketed and administered through Cigna's Supplemental Benefits division in Austin, Texas. The new Medigap plans have been filed for approval with the states and are already approved in AL, IA, NM, OK & SD. Medicare Supplement plans help America's seniors cover some of their health care costs, including deductibles and coinsurance payments, not covered by Medicare Part A or Part B.
"Traditional Medicare includes cost sharing and benefit limitations that can result in significant and unlimited out-of-pocket expenses. Medicare Supplement plans are designed to assist seniors in covering those unexpected costs and provide stability in their out of pocket health care expenses. These new plans are competitively priced and policyholders, applicants and distribution partners should also expect the same first class level of service they have enjoyed with our companies for many years," said Brad Wolfram, Divisional President, Cigna Supplemental Benefits.
Cigna Supplemental Benefits offers a wide array of supplemental health products to help protect working age and senior marketplace consumers.
Editor's Note: For more information, Distribution Partners and licensed agents should contact:
Director - Brokerage Sales
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including American Retirement Life Insurance Company. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capabilities in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 71 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com. Medicare Supplement insurance is underwritten by American Retirement Life Insurance Company. Neither American Retirement Life Insurance Company, nor its Medicare Supplement insurance plans, are connected with or endorsed by the U.S. government or the federal Medicare program. Plan availability varies by state.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Waives Customer Cost-Sharing For COVID-19 Treatment And Deploys Clinical Teams To Increase Virtual Care Capacity
- Cigna Makes It Easier For Hospitals To Focus On COVID-19 By Helping Accelerate Patient Transfers
- Cigna Expands Benefits To Support And Protect Its Workforce In Response To COVID-19
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing Terms of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Corporation Announces Early Results of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Takes Additional Actions To Protect Customers And Communities Against COVID-19