Cigna Offers Additional Assistance to People Impacted by Colorado Wildfires
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., June 14, 2013 - As an addition to its original announcement, global health service company Cigna (NYSE:CI) is offering a broad range of assistance to people impacted by the Colorado wildfires.
Effective immediately, Cigna is temporarily lifting certain prescription refill restrictions in Fremont and Grand counties in order to aid its customers. This is in addition to El Paso and Huerfano counties. People covered by a Cigna health plan in those counties may refill their prescriptions ahead of their usual "refill too soon" restrictions. As an additional update - these temporary measures are in place until June 21, 2013; Cigna will potentially extend these measures should the situation warrant.
As previously announced, Cigna has expanded its telephone help line to provide personal assistance and support over the next two weeks for all Colorado residents affected by the wildfires. Phone lines are staffed with trained counselors who are available to speak with people about how to cope with loss, anxiety, stress or other issues resulting from the wildfires. Counselors can be reached at 866-912-1687. Cigna also has an online resource center with additional information about disaster resources at http://apps.cignabehavioral.com/web/basicsite/consumer/consumer.jsp.
Customers with questions or concerns are encouraged to call the customer service phone number on their Cigna ID card or Cigna's nationwide customer service telephone number at 1.800.Cigna24 (1.800.244.6224). Customer service representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for assistance.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 80 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Fourth Quarter 2019 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna Adds Crozer-Keystone Health System to its Medicare Network in Pennsylvania
- Cigna And Oscar Announce Strategic Partnership To Offer Differentiated Health Solutions To Small Businesses In Select U.S. Markets
- Cigna Ventures Invests in Two Breakthrough Companies to Accelerate Digital Health Innovation and Connect Customers to Care Anywhere, Anytime
- Cigna Helps People Achieve Aspirational Health Goals at the 2020 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend
- Combining Medical, Pharmacy and Behavioral Benefits Delivers Annual Savings of More than $850 per Customer with an Identified Health Improvement Opportunity