Cigna Plan Top-Ranked in North Carolina, According to NCQA's Private Health Insurance Plan Rankings
- Seventh consecutive year that Cigna's Health Maintenance Organization/Point of Service (HMO/POS) plans are top-ranked in the state
- Rankings based on customer service, quality health care and accreditation scores
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., September 20, 2013 - For the seventh consecutive year, Cigna (NYSE:CI) has the top-ranked Health Maintenance Organization/Point of Service (HMO/POS) plan in North Carolina*, according to National Committee for Quality Assurance's (NCQA's) Private Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2013-2014.**
The rankings are based on NCQA's measurement of a health plan's performance in three categories: improving health care quality, providing responsive customer service and achieving high scores on NCQA accreditation surveys.
"We are pleased to be consistently recognized by NCQA as a top plan in North Carolina and are proud of the quality of care and 24/7 customer service we offer our customers," said Charles Pitts, president and general manager for Cigna in North Carolina. "Rankings such as NCQA's are important because they show the areas in which our plans are performing well, but also help identify opportunities for continued improvement."
NCQA is a private, non-profit organization dedicated to improving health care quality. NCQA accredits and certifies a wide range of health care organizations. It also recognizes clinicians and practices in key areas of performance. NCQA's Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set (HEDIS®) is the most widely used performance measurement tool in health care.
The rankings are based on the voluntary submission of health care quality results as measured through HEDIS®, customer service scores based on customer surveys through Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (CAHPS®) and participation in NCQA's accreditation program for health plans. More information on the rankings is available at www.ncqa.org
In total, some 569 private health plans are included in the rankings; 484 are given a numerical ranking by NCQA. The rankings included the HMO/POS plans offered by Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina, Inc.
* According to "U.S. News/NCQA America's Best Health Insurance Plans" 2006-2009 (annual), NCQA's Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2010-2011-Private, NCQA's Private Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2012-2013 and NCQA's Private Health Insurance Plan Rankings 2013-2014. "America's Best Health Insurance Plans" is a trademark of U.S. News & World Report.
**Cigna HealthCare of North Carolina's national ranking is 159.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 80 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans