Cigna Wins eValue8 Performance Award
Northeast Business Group on Health Names Cigna "Best in Market" for 2012
- Tops among the major carriers measured in the Northeast area
- Earns highest total score in health care cost and quality improvement categories
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., January 08, 2013 - Global health service company Cigna (NYSE:CI) is pleased to announce it has been awarded the eValue8TM Performance Award for the Northeast area for 2012 by the Northeast Business Group on Health.
The Northeast Business Group on Health is a not-for-profit coalition of more than 150 employers, providers, insurers and other organizations working together to improve the quality and reduce the cost of health care in New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and Massachusetts.
Cigna was tops among the major carriers measured in the Northeast area, based on eValue8, a nationally recognized health care purchasing and quality improvement assessment process developed by the National Business Coalition on Health.
"Cigna is dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security," said Cigna's Ann Asbaty, chief operating officer, National Accounts. "We are proud to be recognized as a leader in health plan performance by an organization focused on improving the quality while reducing the cost of health care."
The selection criteria includes information about how health service providers manage critical processes that control costs, reduce and eliminate waste, ensure patient safety, close gaps in care, and improve health and health care. Plans and purchasers receive objective scores enabling comparison of plans against regional and national benchmarks and a road map for improvement.
Cigna earned the highest overall total score in the seven categories used to assess health plan performance including consumer engagement, plan profile, provider measurement, pharmaceutical management, prevention and health promotion, chronic disease management and behavioral health.
"We are thrilled to recognize and honor Cigna for providing outstanding health care value to employers and other purchasers in the Northeast," said Laurel Pickering, president and CEO, Northeast Business Group on Health. "Cigna's commitment to working with employers is strong and clearly demonstrates their dedication to helping transform the health care system and improve the health of their customers. We congratulate Cigna on earning this award."
Cigna Corporation (NYSE:CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 71 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans