Cigna Wins Three Case in Point Platinum Awards for Disability and Rehabilitation Case Management Programs
- Awards showcase the strength of Cigna's absence management programs, which focus on enhancing an individual's return to health and productivity
- Cigna's case managers and integration with pharmacy expertise helps provide customers better support for healthier outcomes
PHILADELPHIA, June 10, 2013 - Cigna's Return & Receive program and creation of the Disability Management Pharmacist role earned the highest honors in the categories of Disability and Rehabilitation Case Management Programs at the Fourth Annual Case in Point Platinum Awards, created by publisher Dorland Health. In addition, Cigna case manager Jennifer Maxeiner won the individual award category of Disability Manager. The awards recognize the most successful and innovative case management programs and people that help improve health care across the care continuum.
"Cigna's recognition from Case in Point highlights the strength of Cigna's programs and value they return to our customers," said Mark Marsters, senior vice president of operations for Cigna's disability insurance business. "Each award demonstrates Cigna's ability to know our customers, work with them on an individual basis, and, through creative thinking and leadership, develop programs that make a difference in our customers' lives."
Also recognized was Cigna's Absence Prediction and Prevention Program, which received an honorable mention in the Integrated Case Management category. A study about the program was published in the December 2012 issue of the peer-reviewed Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.
Award entries were judged by a panel of experts from the clinical and business sectors of health care. Also serving as judges were the staff of Case in Point magazine and Case in Point Weekly. Entries were evaluated based on the proven track record and program success.
Dorland Health, an Access Intelligence, LLC Company, is a leading integrated media publisher in the health care business information industry. It publishes Case In Point, the leading publication for professionals involved in case management and care coordination, the Case Management Resource Guide, Case In Point Weekly and various special reports; and it offers industry webinars, award programs and continuing education credits.
"Throughout Disability Insurance Awareness Month, we focused on educating people about the importance of disability insurance. When a customer is injured or recovering from an illness and needs to have time away from work to recover, our experienced case management staff and innovative programs are some of the many ways disability coverage can help," said Marsters.
The complete list of winners and finalists can be found online at http://www.dorlandhealth.com/Case-In-Point-Platinum-Awards/2013-finalists/.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 78 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger