Cigna's Monthly Behavioral Health Awareness Seminars Now Just a Few Keystrokes Away
- Monthly telephonic seminars for autism, substance abuse, eating disorders
- Programs led by expert guest presenters
- Schedule, presentation materials, registration and replay information available on Cigna.com
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., February 05, 2013 - Cigna (NYSE:CI) is making it easier for individuals to learn about and participate in its long-running monthly behavioral health awareness seminars for autism, substance abuse and eating disorders. Each seminar topic now has its own page on the company's public website, cigna.com, where individuals can view the schedule, download seminar materials, obtain dial-in information and play back previous seminars.
It's easy for people to find information about the seminars on cigna.com. Simply search for a common word or phrase - such as autism, Asperger, addiction, alcoholism, drug abuse, anorexia, bulimia - and the first search result will be a link to the appropriate seminar page.
Each page features a short video that showcases an individual or family member who is coping with one of these behavioral health issues. The autism page features Zack's mom, who talks about the challenges of having a two-year-old autistic child. On the substance abuse page, Justin describes his road to addiction, while Hailey describes her battle with food on the eating disorder page.
Individuals can also use the pages to register for the seminars. While it's not required to register in advance, doing so will enable individuals to get reminders about upcoming seminars.
"We want to engage individuals who need help with these issues, as well as their family and friends, and offer them fast access to useful information that can help improve their lives," said Joan Kennedy, Cigna's vice president for consumer health engagement. "We are making it easier than ever for people to participate in these seminars, and our customers have rated the experience very highly."
The next autism seminar will be Feb. 14. The next substance abuse seminar will be Feb. 20. The next eating disorder seminar will be Feb. 26. Each seminar lasts an hour, including time for questions and answers, and starts at 1 p.m. Eastern time.
Cigna's three behavioral health awareness series are intended to provide general information to the public. People enrolled in a Cigna health plan may have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) or health coaching services. To use these benefits, call the telephone number on your Cigna I.D. card.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 75 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Collaborates with Annum Health to Introduce a Digital Health Solution to Help People Reduce Alcohol Consumption
- Cigna Helps Customers Affected by California Wildfires, Cigna Foundation Donates $25,000 to the American Red Cross for Recovery
- Cigna Names Jim Hickey as Market President for South Texas Commercial Health Plans
- Cigna Furthers Commitment to Promote Mental Well-Being by Collaborating With Happify Health and Prevail Health to Offer New Digital Tools
- New Cigna Pregnancy App Enables Improved Health and Lower Costs For Pregnant Women
- Cigna Reports Strong Third Quarter 2018 Results, Raises Outlook