Dean Mirabella Named Cigna's President and General Manager for Florida and Caribbean
TAMPA, Fla., September 12, 2013 - Cigna (NYSE: CI) has named Dean Mirabella as president and general manager for the company's Florida and Caribbean markets, effective Sept. 16. Mirabella now serves as Cigna's vice president of sales and account management for Florida, a position he has held since 2000.
Mirabella's new responsibilities will include enhancing customer satisfaction through personalized service and helping to improve quality of care by working in collaboration with area heath care professionals. They will also include ensuring that Cigna's product and network offerings meet the evolving needs of the marketplace, assisting clients to improve the health and productivity of their workforces, and leading Cigna's efforts to serve the community.
"Dean is an exceptional leader with extensive knowledge of the marketplace, and for more than a decade he has made significant contributions to Cigna's success in Florida," said Andrew Crooks, president of Cigna's southeast region. "Under Dean's leadership, Cigna will continue to meet client and customer needs and enable us to deliver on our mission to help improve the health, well-being and sense of security of the people and communities we serve."
Mirabella joined Cigna's Tampa sales office in 1995 as new business manager for commercial clients and was later promoted to positions of increasing responsibility. Prior to joining Cigna, Mirabella sold group health, individual life and disability products for MetLife.
Mirabella has qualified six times for Cigna's Gold Circle, which is the company's forum to celebrate the success and accomplishments of its elite sales force.
Mirabella earned a bachelor's degree in economics from the University of South Florida.
He will continue to be based at Cigna's offices in Tampa.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 80 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans