Dr. Peter McCauley Promoted to Regional Medical Executive for Cigna's Northeast Region
- Will oversee five medical executives and 13 clinical consultant nurses
- Retains responsibility for Midwest markets
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., June 20, 2013 - Cigna (NYSE: CI) has promoted Peter McCauley, M.D., to the position of regional medical executive for the company's Northeast region, a broad area that includes 25 states in New England, the Northeast, the Midwest and plains states, and Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C. He will oversee a team of five market medical executives and 13 clinical program consultants, and will also retain his current position as market medical executive for the Midwest, which includes Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Cigna's market medical executives and clinical program consultants help employer clients develop health benefit plans and they work with physician groups and hospital systems to implement Cigna programs such as collaborative accountable care. They also provide clinical oversight for the company's health improvement and quality programs that help Cigna customers get and stay healthy, and they have local responsibility for the implementation of Cigna's high quality, affordable networks and clinical programs.
"Peter McCauley is a proven leader who has excellent relationships with Cigna clients and with our physician network," said Nick Gettas, M.D., national medical officer and chief medical officer for regional accounts. "His clinical expertise and strategic vision will help Cigna clients implement programs focused on quality and value that will help drive improved health and productivity while lowering medical costs."
Dr. McCauley joined Cigna as market medical executive for the Midwest in 2010. Prior to that he provided clinical and executive leadership for specialists and primary care physicians as the medical director of Gottlieb/West Towns PHO in Melrose Park, Ill. He earned a bachelor's degree in chemistry from Howard University in Washington, D.C., a medical degree at the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, and he completed his residency at the University of Chicago. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Pediatrics and a Certified Physician Executive though the American College of Physician Executives.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 80 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger