Edward Kim Named Cigna's President and General Manager for Arizona Health Plans
PHOENIX, November 07, 2013 - Cigna (NYSE:CI) has named Edward Kim as president and general manager for the company's Arizona health plans, in addition to his current role as president of Cigna Medical Group. He will continue to be based at Cigna's offices in Phoenix.
Kim's additional responsibilities include enhancing customer satisfaction through personalized service and helping to improve quality of care by working in collaboration with area health care professionals. They also include ensuring that Cigna's product and network offerings meet the evolving needs of the marketplace, assisting employer clients to improve the health and productivity of their workforces, and leading Cigna's efforts to serve the community.
"Ed brings a wealth of experience and proven leadership results to his expanded role," said Christopher De Rosa, president of the Western region for Cigna. "With a deep understanding of the dynamics of the health care delivery system, the financing of health care and population health management strategies, he is an ideal leader to help Cigna's customers and clients in Arizona during this time of significant change in the industry."
A senior health care executive with over 25 years of experience in complex service delivery markets, Kim's background includes managed care, physician practice management, and health care consulting. Prior to joining Cigna in 2011, Kim served as the president of Molina Medical Group in California, and subsequently expanded his role to drive national expansion of direct delivery of medical services as corporate vice president at Molina Healthcare.
Kim graduated with a Master of Health Science from the Johns Hopkins (Bloomberg) School of Public Health and earned a Bachelor of Arts from the University of California Berkeley. He serves on the board of directors for the Boys and Girls Club Metro Phoenix and the Partners in Care Foundation.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 80 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans