HealthSpring Introduces New Cigna-HealthSpring Brand to Further Unite Companies
New Brand Name and Logo for Senior Health Care Business Represent Strength of Both Brands, Further Position Company as Leading Resource for Senior Health Care
NASHVILLE, Tenn., May 29, 2013 - HealthSpring, a Cigna company and leading Medicare Advantage plan, today introduced its new brand name - Cigna-HealthSpring - and a new logo, both of which are designed to communicate the company's brand promise of delivering personalized and high quality health care to its Senior customers. The new Cigna-HealthSpring brand will be introduced to stakeholders via customized communications over the course of 2013, including a TV advertising campaign.
Cigna's acquisition of HealthSpring in 2012 combined HealthSpring's expertise in Medicare coverage with Cigna's legacy as a leading global health service company serving customers since 1792. After the acquisition, the company carefully considered and consumer-tested various branding options to identify what best represented HealthSpring as a Cigna company. Consumer testing showed the Cigna name had the best brand recognition, while the HealthSpring name tested best with consumers not aware of either brand. Based on the research findings, the new brand name and logo were developed combining elements of the Cigna name and logo with the HealthSpring name.
"From the beginning, Cigna and HealthSpring have been a great fit due to our similar mission, vision and values, as well as our shared commitment to the individual customer. With that in mind, we worked together to develop a brand name and graphic identification that most effectively communicated our brand promise of delivering high quality health care to seniors," said David Cordani, president and CEO of Cigna. "The new Cigna-HealthSpring brand incorporates the strongest elements of both the Cigna and HealthSpring brands to further position our company as a leading resource for senior health care."
The new branding not only positions Cigna-HealthSpring seniors products for the future in new and existing markets, they are symbols of Cigna-HealthSpring's strength and unity as a company fully capable of serving people of all ages throughout their entire lifespan. Now, Cigna customers can transition seamlessly to Medicare products and the brand with which they are already familiar.
"The brand change is a tangible and visible sign of Cigna-HealthSpring's evolution and we're excited to share the new face of the company with our constituents over the coming months," said Herb Fritch, president of Cigna-HealthSpring. "Other than the new look, there will be no changes in service as a result of the new brand name and logo. Our customers will still receive the same high quality service they deserve and have come to expect from us."
Fritch added, "It's also important to note that for physicians and other health care professionals and networks, there will be no change in service or processes, and no re-contracting or deeming will be required."
The new branding features the following elements:
- Cigna: "Cigna" in the name conveys strength of the leading health service company
- HealthSpring: "HealthSpring" in the name conveys expertise in Medicare and is prominently featured
- "Tree of Life" symbol: Represents Cigna-HealthSpring's focus on supporting the individual customer's health and well-being
- Cigna imagery: Familiar Cigna imagery and bright colors of blue and orange have been retained to reinforce Cigna brand recognition
Existing HealthSpring products and services that will transition to the new branding in 2013 include:
- Medicare Advantage for HealthSpring (including HealthSpring Group Retiree plans)
- HealthSpring Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Plans
- HealthSpring Medicaid Plans
- HealthSpring LivingWell Centers
The company's Bravo Health products and services will also transition to the new branding in 2013. They include:
- Bravo Health Medicare Advantage
- Bravo Health Advanced Care Centers
Leon Medical Centers Health Plans will also be linked to Cigna-HealthSpring, with the primary logo continuing to feature the Leon Medical Centers Health Plans logo.
There will be no changes to legal entity structure as a result of the new name and logo.
Cigna-HealthSpring is one of the country's leading health plans focused on delivering care to the senior population, predominately through Medicare Advantage and other Medicare and Medicaid products. Cigna-HealthSpring serves millions of customers in locations across the country. Based in Nashville, Tennessee, Cigna-HealthSpring operates health plans in Alabama, Arkansas Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Mississippi, New Jersey, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas, West Virginia and Washington, D.C. Cigna-HealthSpring also offers a national stand-alone prescription drug plan. For more information, visit www.cignahealthspring.com/.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation’s Second Quarter 2018 Earnings Release Details
- Mark McClellan, M.D. Appointed to Cigna Board of Directors
- Cigna Fights Hunger Campaign Recognized with Hunger Hero Award by Feeding Children Everywhere
- Diversity Best Practices Presents Cigna's Asian/South Asian CRG with Above and Beyond Award
- Cigna Intensifies Effort to Curtail Opioid Epidemic by Confronting Opioid Addiction and Overdose in U.S. Communities
- Cigna Corporate Responsibility Report Highlights Key Environmental, Social, Governance Efforts