School Activity Programs Nationwide Kick Off at Roosevelt School, Boston
BOSTON, October 15, 2013 - Tiana Farrell, 9, of Boston shows off her dance moves today at Boston Public's Roosevelt Elementary School, where grants for 1,000 schools nationwide were announced by the Active Schools Acceleration Project (ASAP), an initiative of ChildObesity180 at Tufts University. The event is the official start of new physical activity programs in every state, funded by $1,000 grants to each school from ASAP. The Cigna Foundation is a sponsor of the program. Roosevelt Elementary is launching the 100 Mile Club running and jogging program and is one of nine grant recipient schools within Boston Public Schools.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 80 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation’s Second Quarter 2018 Earnings Release Details
- Mark McClellan, M.D. Appointed to Cigna Board of Directors
- Cigna Fights Hunger Campaign Recognized with Hunger Hero Award by Feeding Children Everywhere
- Diversity Best Practices Presents Cigna's Asian/South Asian CRG with Above and Beyond Award
- Cigna Intensifies Effort to Curtail Opioid Epidemic by Confronting Opioid Addiction and Overdose in U.S. Communities
- Cigna Corporate Responsibility Report Highlights Key Environmental, Social, Governance Efforts