Virtual Global Healthy Workplace Summit Available on Cigna.com
- See what companies are doing to improve workforce health worldwide
- Worksite wellness success traced to active leaders, worker involvement
- Proof that the workplace can be an entry point to better health
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., May 22, 2013 - For anyone who missed it, the inaugural Global Healthy Workplace Awards and Summit held in London last month can be viewed on the Newsroom of Cigna.com. The Summit attracted more than 100 employers of all sizes, health system leaders, universities, policy leaders and NGOs amid a two-day agenda packed with information on better practices for promoting workplace health - from addressing the global aging population to protecting workers' mental health and fighting chronic disease the world over. All presentations are posted to the Global Healthy Workplace Awards and Summit site.
Alexandra Health, Royal Dutch Shell and Toyal America were named as 2013 winners in this first-ever Global Healthy Workplace Awards and Summit. These winning companies all had key workplace health promotion strategies in common:
- active and visible leadership support;
- opportunity for worker involvement, such as wellness committees or regular consultations with managers and employee representatives;
- thorough evaluations and documented outcomes;
- comprehensive programming applying both individual and environmental approaches.
Identifying healthy workplaces so that other employers worldwide can learn from them is especially timely, as a new global study by the Global Corporate Challenge found that 86 percent of employees worldwide don't participate in their company's wellness programs. The award-winning companies and finalists in the Global Healthy Workplace Awards and Summit all understand how the workplace can serve as the entry point to improving health. These companies' workplace wellness programs attract employees, keep them motivated, improve worker health and lower employer health and productivity costs.
Companies of all sizes from 29 countries submitted their workplace programs for award consideration. The submissions were reviewed by an international panel of public health experts from five continents who judged the workplace programs for the first time through the lens of the World Health Organization (WHO) Healthy Workplace Model for Action, which includes the physical work environment, psychosocial work environment, personal health resources and enterprise-community involvement.
The search for the healthiest workplaces in the world was sponsored by the Cigna Foundation and hosted by the Global Knowledge Exchange Network (GKEN) together with International Health Consulting and i-genius, whose common goal is to promote awareness of emerging better practices in health promotion and wellness in the workplace.
For more information or to connect with the award-winning companies or any of the speakers whose presentations are available on the Global Healthy Workplace Awards and Summit site, please contact Gloria.firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Cigna Foundation
The Cigna Foundation is a private foundation funded by contributions from Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) and its subsidiaries. The Cigna Foundation supports organizations sharing its commitment to enhancing the health of individuals and families, and the well-being of their communities, with a special focus on those communities where Cigna employees live and work.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy and vision care benefits, and other related products including group disability, life, and accident coverage. Cigna has sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, with approximately 80 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger