Cigna 2015 Medicare Offerings Feature Comprehensive Choices Nationwide
- Cigna-HealthSpring's new relationship with Silver&Fit helps more Medicare Advantage customers maximize well-being and stay active
- Continued county expansion in emerging Medicare Advantage markets - Atlanta, North Carolina and South Carolina - which launched in 2014
- Cigna Medicare Supplement Solutions® (Medigap) available in 48 states
- Nationwide Prescription Drug Plans expand preferred cost-share arrangements, resulting in better affordability for customers
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., October 15, 2014 - Cigna (NYSE: CI) is offering comprehensive choices for Medicare customers as the 2015 Medicare Annual Enrollment Period opens today. Cigna's 2015 Medicare options include a wide range of health and prescription drug plans, as well as supplemental and special needs plans. All plans offer extra benefits not covered under Original Medicare and are designed to help customers better manage their health and limit out-of-pocket medical expenses.
"Our health care model is built on a deep understanding of our customers and an intense focus on working together with doctors and other health care professionals to deliver personalized care at an affordable cost," said Herb Fritch, president of Cigna-HealthSpring, Cigna's Seniors business unit. "Our new and expanded fitness benefit is a great example of the way we are listening to our customers and offering the options they want to help them stay healthy and active so they can get more from life."
Medicare is a critical source of health care for millions of Americans and Cigna's Medicare products offer customers affordable choices designed to meet their needs. Results show that Cigna customers are more likely to receive the preventive health care they need to stay healthy than other Medicare beneficiaries. Compared to other Medicare beneficiaries, Cigna-HealthSpring customers are:*
- 25 percent more likely to receive a colonoscopy, lowering the risk for colorectal cancer
- 21 percent more likely to receive proper care for hypertension control, lowering the risk for high blood pressure
- 15 percent more likely to receive a mammogram for female customers, lowering the risk for breast cancer
Medicare beneficiaries can enroll in Cigna 2015 Medicare plans during the annual enrollment period, which begins October 15, 2014 and ends December 7, 2014. For most Medicare beneficiaries, this is the one time of year they can make changes to their Medicare coverage. Cigna's complete plan details and free educational materials are available at www.cignahealthspring.com.
*Results are for year 2012 and reflect the percentage difference between Cigna-HealthSpring customers enrolled in our Partnership for Quality program and Standards of Healthcare data which are based on HMO Medicare customer data collected by the NCQA.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 85 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Expands Personalized Diabetes Prevention Program in Collaboration with Omada Health
- U.S. Department of Justice Grants Clearance to Cigna’s Acquisition of Express Scripts
- Cigna Foundation Donates $100,000 to American Red Cross for Hurricane Florence Relief
- Cigna Announces Cigna Ventures with $250 Million to Fund Transformative Innovation and Growth for Health Care
- Cigna Helps Residents in Affected States Prepare for Hurricane Florence
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing of $20 Billion of Senior Notes