Cigna Assists People Affected by Tornadoes in Six States
- Waives restrictions on prescription refills
- Opens 24x7 telephone help line to support all affected residents
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., May 01, 2014 - Global health service company Cigna (NYSE: CI) is taking temporary steps to assist people affected by tornadoes and devastating storms in certain counties in six states:
Alabama: Limestone County
Arkansas: Faulkner, Independence, Jackson, Pulaski and White Counties
Kansas: Bourbon, Cherokee and Linn Counties
Mississippi: Lee County
Missouri: Dunklin County
Tennessee: Lincoln County
- Effective immediately, through May 5, in the areas affected, Cigna is allowing its customers to refill prescriptions even if it would normally be too soon for a refill
- Through May 16, in the areas affected, Cigna is expanding access to the company's 24x7 telephone help line to provide personal assistance and support for all residents affected by the severe weather. Phone lines are staffed with qualified clinicians who are available to speak with people about how to cope with loss, anxiety, stress or other issues resulting from the tornado. The help line can be reached at 866.912.1687.
"We're deeply saddened by the loss of life and devastation caused by these extreme storms and recognize that this disaster is creating terrible disruptions in people's lives," said Christine Crowe, director of emergency response. "People experiencing this type of disaster should not have to worry about having access to the medications they need, and they need access to resources that can help them cope. We're committed to taking steps that can help."
People who do not have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna can call the special toll-free number (866.912.1687) 24 hours a day through May 16.
Customers who have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna should call the telephone number on their Cigna I.D. card.
Disaster Help and Recovery Information
Managing Traumatic Stress - Tips for recovering from disasters and other traumatic events
Managing Traumatic Stress - After the Tornadoes
Tornadoes, hurricanes and Children
Disaster Assistance Resources
After a Disaster: Self-Care Strategies
After a Disaster: Supporting Others
After a Disaster: Helping Children Cope
Talking to Children about Death
Strategies For Coping With Disaster
Tips for Survivors of a Traumatic Event: What to Expect in Your Personal, Family, Work, and Financial Life*
Tornadoes: A guide to before, during and after - FEMA*
Technology Tips: Staying Connected During a Disaster
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 80 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Employees Kick Off $25 Million Healthier Kids For Our Future Initiative By Combatting Childhood Hunger Globally
- Cigna Corporation’s Fourth Quarter 2018 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna Brings Together Queen Latifah, Nick Jonas and Ted Danson to Encourage Everyone to Take Control of Both Their Physical and Emotional Health
- Cigna Statement on the Passing of Jim Rogers, Former Duke Energy CEO, and Cigna Board Member
- Cigna Completes Combination with Express Scripts, Establishing a Blueprint to Transform the Health Care System
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the 37th Annual J.P. Morgan Healthcare Conference