Cigna Foundation Gives $50,000 to UN Central Emergency Response Fund for Ebola Services
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., September 24, 2014 - The Cigna Foundation today announced a $50,000 donation to the United Nations Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF), with funds directed to Ebola-related services.
The UN recently said the Ebola virus will balloon into a humanitarian catastrophe without a major surge in international efforts to contain it, estimating the cost of this effort at $1 billion.
"We're proud to join together with the UN Emergency Relief Fund to address this global health challenge and help those suffering because of this devastating outbreak of the disease," said David Figliuzzi, executive director of the Cigna Foundation
The Cigna Foundation also assists relief efforts by matching the donations of Cigna employees to non-profit organizations helping those affected by the Ebola outbreak.
About the Cigna Foundation
The Cigna Foundation, founded in 1962, is a private foundation funded by contributions from Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) and its subsidiaries. The Cigna Foundation supports organizations sharing its commitment to enhancing the health of individuals and families, and the well-being of their communities, with a special focus on those communities where Cigna employees live and work.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 85 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Health Services Business Pioneers an Innovative Solution to Affordably Bring Life-Changing Therapies to Patients
- Cigna, Express Scripts Implement Emergency Procedures for People Affected by Hurricane Dorian
- Cigna Foundation Helps Expand Trauma Counseling Services With $68,000 Grant to Pace Center for Girls
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the 2019 Morgan Stanley Healthcare Conference
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability of $5 Million in Grants to Reduce Child Food Insecurity
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the Wells Fargo 2019 Healthcare Conference