Cigna HealthCare of Arizona Medicare Advantage Plans Rank Highest Among HMO Plans in Phoenix
- Cigna Medicare Advantage plans in Arizona achieve 4.5 out of 5 Star Rating from CMS for fourth consecutive year in a row
- Cigna plans offer affordable benefits and a customer first approach to health care to help more Medicare Advantage customers maximize their well-being and stay active
- Collaboration with health care professionals yields stable, high quality network choices for customers in Phoenix market
PHOENIX, October 15, 2014 - As Medicare's Annual Enrollment Period begins today, Cigna HealthCare of Arizona is proud to offer Phoenix consumers the highest-rated Medicare Advantage HMO choices in the market. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) rates Medicare Advantage plans on a scale of one to five stars, five being the highest, as a way to help consumers judge the quality and customer service of Medicare Advantage plan choices. Cigna HealthCare of Arizona has a consistent record of delivering quality health care to customers, proven by its year-over-year ranking as one of the highest rated health plans in the Phoenix market with a 4.5 star rating. According to CMS's recent release of the 2015 Star Ratings, no other Medicare Advantage HMO plan in the Phoenix market has a higher rating than Cigna HealthCare of Arizona.
"We are proud that our commitment to quality care and what we deliver to our Phoenix customers has been recognized so highly by CMS," said Robert Matura, vice president of Cigna Medicare Sales in Arizona. "We earned our rating by working together with our physician partners to achieve success in detecting and preventing illness, patient ratings, patient safety, disease management and customer service. Our focus on affordable benefits and network stability is a great example of the way we are listening to our customers and offering the options they want to help them stay healthy and active so they can get more from life."
Medicare is a critical source of health care for millions of Americans and Cigna's Medicare products offer customers affordable choices designed to meet their needs. Cigna's 2015 Medicare options include a wide range of health and prescription drug plans, as well as supplemental and special needs plans. All plans offer extra benefits not covered under Original Medicare and are designed to help customers better manage their health and limit out-of-pocket medical expenses.
Medicare beneficiaries can enroll in Cigna 2015 Medicare plans during the annual enrollment period, which begins October 15, 2014 and ends December 7, 2014. For most Medicare beneficiaries, this is the one time of year they can make changes to their Medicare coverage. Cigna's complete plan details and free educational materials are available at www.cignahealthspring.com.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE:CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 85 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Medicare evaluates plans based on a five-star rating system. Star Ratings are calculated each year and may change from one year to the next.
Other articles in News Releases:
- New Cigna Research Reveals Many Americans Are More Stressed, Less Rested and Spending Less Time with Family and Friends
- Cigna Employees Go Local to Improve Health of Their Communities
- Cigna Foundation Commits $100,000 to Help High School Students Make Healthier Choices through Peer Health Exchange
- PBMI Recognizes Cigna with Excellence Award for Cost Containment
- Cigna Declares Annual Dividend
- HIMSS ’19: Data-Driven Tools from Cigna and Express Scripts Boost Access to Real-Time Prescription Savings Opportunities