Cigna Launches Private Health Care Service Exchange
- Cigna launches an online benefits marketplace
- Provides employers with more options for more cost-saving opportunities, easy administration, and the ability to offer their employees more choice
- Provides customers with choice and innovative plan decision support tools to purchase a benefit package that meets their unique needs
- Private exchange provides Cigna brokers with turnkey offering
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., February 04, 2014 - Cigna (NYSE:CI) announced today the company has established a private retail exchange, offering employers a new benefit marketplace and employees more options and convenience for health improvement. Cigna's private exchange is currently available to smaller employers in Atlanta, Dallas, Washington, D.C. metro area, and San Francisco, and will be expanded to other markets and larger employer groups throughout 2014.
"Cigna's goal is to offer a full range of plan choices to employers, and employees and their families as they become more actively involved in their health and benefit choices," said Dave Guilmette, president, global employer segment for Cigna.
With Cigna's new offering, employees have access to user-friendly "health care benefit plan decision support tools" to shop for and enroll in the plans that best meet their unique needs. For employers, the exchange offers a benefits administration platform that allows them to provide their employees with a broader choice of plan options, while simplifying employers' administrative responsibilities and controlling benefit costs. In addition, Cigna's brokers can also benefit from this easy, turnkey private exchange solution.
Cigna's private exchange is supported by the company's award winning services, such as 24/7 live customer service, industry leading online tools and an extensive national physician network. The suite of products available to employees includes medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, life/accident and disability plans.
"Entering into the private exchange marketplace extends Cigna's strategy to give our customers more options to select a plan that meets their needs, including fully integrated products and services designed to improve their health and get the most from their health care dollars," said Guilmette.
In addition to this proprietary solution, Cigna is actively participating in a number of private exchanges administered by benefit consultants and brokerage firms that target active employees (including fully insured and self-insured models), and retirees. The private exchange "marketplace" expands Cigna's portfolio of cost-competitive solutions for employers and their employees and retirees.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE:CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 80 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit Cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Affordable Care Act Health Plans to Expand into 63 New Counties Across North Carolina for 2021
- Cigna Leads Industry in 2020 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices
- Veterans Recovery Resources of Mobile Receives $100,000 Cigna Foundation Grant to Provide Mental Health Services to Area Veterans
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the Wolfe Research Healthcare Conference
- Cigna Reports Third Quarter 2020 Performance, Raises Revenue Guidance
- Cigna and Earvin "Magic" Johnson Join Forces to Combat Health Disparities and Support Minority and Women-Owned Businesses