Cigna Recognized as Top Performing PPO Plan in 2014 by the Maryland Health Care Commission
- Comprehensive Quality Report 2014 identified Cigna as highest-performing among PPO plans in Maryland
- Recognition based on health care quality and customer experience measures
BALTIMORE, December 17, 2014 - The Maryland Health Care Commission (MHCC) has recognized Cigna (NYSE: CI) as the top-performing Preferred Provider Organization-type (PPO-type) plan in 2014, based on findings from the Comprehensive Quality Report 2014: Comparing the Performance of Maryland's Commercial Health Benefit Plans.
"Working together with local health care professionals, we provide our customers access to quality care and services and are proud to be recognized for these efforts by the Maryland Health Care Commission," said Julia Huggins, president, Cigna Mid-Atlantic. "This report is a valuable resource for both employers and consumers in Maryland as they choose and use their health benefits plan. It's also a valuable resource that helps us to identify areas where we are doing well, and areas for further improvement."
The MHCC Comprehensive Quality Report 2014 provides detailed health benefit plan indicators of quality of care and customer experience, as well as clinical performance of health plans and activities to reduce health care disparities.
The report indicates that of the 100 measures with national benchmarks and performance rates, Cigna performed at or above the national average benchmark on 76 measures and was the top performer in Maryland among PPO plans. On the consumer satisfaction measure where customers rate their health benefit plan on overall performance, Cigna PPO was among the top 10 percent of plans nationally on the percent of customers who rated their health benefit plan a good or better. For more information about the report, visit https://www.marylandqmdc.org/
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 85 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans