Cigna's Proprietary Retail Exchange Launches Nationally
- Cigna's private retail exchange available nationally for employers with 51 or more employees
- Provides employers more cost-saving options, defined contribution options and easy administration; employees have more choice
- Customer-focused decision tools help employees make benefits purchase decisions to meet their specific needs
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., August 14, 2014 - Cigna (NYSE:CI) is launching its proprietary private retail exchange in new markets and expanding in others, offering employers a new, cost-effective way to give employees more benefit choices, all in one place.
Cigna's private retail exchange is available to Cigna clients and prospective clients across all of Cigna's U.S. markets starting September 1. The suite of products available through the private exchange includes a variety of medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, life/accident and disability plans.
According to a recent national survey of 723 employers conducted by the Private Exchange Evaluation Collaborative (PEEC), 45 percent said they plan to consider or will be using a private exchange for their full-time active employees before 2018. The survey also indicated that employers are seeking comprehensive capabilities and services from private exchanges; and close to 70 percent of employers believe it is very important that their advisor is independent of any exchange they are considering.
"Cigna's goal is to offer a full range of plan choices to employers and employees and their families as they become more actively involved in their health and benefit choices," said Dave Guilmette, president, Global Employer and Private Exchanges. "There is a growing interest among employers in private exchange options, and Cigna is meeting this marketplace need."
With Cigna's new offering, employees can access user-friendly online, interactive shopping tools to get a personalized recommendation for benefits for themselves and their families. For employers, the exchange offers a benefits administration platform that enables them to provide employees with more choice of plan designs and enables defined contribution funding, while simplifying their administrative responsibilities and helping them control their benefit costs.
Cigna's private exchange includes 24/7 live customer service for medical and dental customers, Cigna's broad network of physicians and hospitals and integrated health and wellness programs, and is available with both fully-insured and self-funded health benefit plans.
In addition to this proprietary solution, called Cigna Guided Solutions, Cigna is actively participating in a number of private exchanges administered by benefit consultants and brokerage firms that target active employees and retirees. Cigna also offers Benefits Insight® through its Choicelinx subsidiary, providing employers and brokers with customized online enrollment, decision support and benefits administration services.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, Choicelinx Corp., and HMO or service company subsidiaries of Cigna Health Corporation and Cigna Dental Health, Inc. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 85 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Collaborates with Annum Health to Introduce a Digital Health Solution to Help People Reduce Alcohol Consumption
- Cigna Helps Customers Affected by California Wildfires, Cigna Foundation Donates $25,000 to the American Red Cross for Recovery
- Cigna Names Jim Hickey as Market President for South Texas Commercial Health Plans
- Cigna Furthers Commitment to Promote Mental Well-Being by Collaborating With Happify Health and Prevail Health to Offer New Digital Tools
- New Cigna Pregnancy App Enables Improved Health and Lower Costs For Pregnant Women
- Cigna Reports Strong Third Quarter 2018 Results, Raises Outlook