Michael Phillips Named Cigna's President and General Manager for Midwest Market
CHICAGO & BLOOMFIELD, Conn., January 13, 2014 - Cigna (NYSE:CI) has named Michael Phillips as president and general manager for the Midwest market, a region comprising the states of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Minnesota and Wisconsin.
Phillips' responsibilities include enhancing customer satisfaction through personalized service and helping to improve quality of care by working in collaboration with area health care professionals. They also include ensuring that Cigna's product and network offerings meet the evolving needs of the marketplace, assisting employer clients to improve the health and productivity of their workforces, and leading Cigna's efforts to serve the community. Phillips will be based in Chicago.
"Mike is a highly-qualified executive leader and a national health care thought leader," said Tom Martel, president, Northeast region for Cigna. "His expertise in employer-based health care, health system delivery changes and engagement strategies make him an ideal leader to help us deliver on our mission to help improve the health, well-being and sense of security of the people and communities we serve. We are pleased to welcome Mike to Cigna."
A senior health care executive with nearly 25 years of experience in the insurance industry, Phillips joins Cigna from Aon Hewitt, where he served as national strategist, responsible for identifying and addressing employer client health care needs. Prior to that, he served in a variety of leadership roles at Aetna, including head of business engagement and specialty and as national accounts head of sales for the West region. His experience also includes executive roles with Willis and Goldman Insurance. Phillips holds a bachelor's degree in communication from Michigan State University.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 80 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger