New Cigna Behavioral Health Awareness Series Focuses on Children and Families
- Monthly telephonic seminars will provide expert information to parents and caregivers
- Seminars are free and open to the public
- New series joins existing ones for autism, eating disorders, substance use disorders
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., April 15, 2014 - Cigna (NYSE: CI) is expanding its long-running monthly behavioral health awareness seminars with a new series focused on children and families. The monthly telephonic seminars will provide expert information to help families deal with common issues in children with behavioral disorders, and will address difficult topics, such as runaway youth, suicide and self-esteem. The seminars will provide coping techniques and support for parents and caregivers.
"Mental health is important to overall health. We want to engage parents and caregivers who are dealing with behavioral issues in children and offer them easy access to information that can help improve their families' lives," said Karen Cierzan, vice president for behavioral operations at Cigna. "Our customers and the general public have rated our behavioral health awareness seminars very highly, and we are excited to offer this new series."
The free seminars are available to anyone in the U.S. and Canada by calling toll-free 1-800-238-9007. The participant passcode is 931113.
The seminars will feature an expert presentation followed by a question and answer session. Each one-hour seminar will begin at 1 p.m. (ET) and will focus on a single topic:
- April 17: Keeping America's Runaway, Homeless, and At-Risk Youth Safe and Off the Streets
- May 15: Suicide Prevention
- June 19: Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Medications
- July 17: De-escalation and Communication
- August 21: Dialectical Behavior Therapy Introduction and Skills
- September 18: Motivating and Engaging Children with Mental Health Issues - The 4 C's
- October 16: Self-Esteem
Replays of each seminar will be posted on the Children & Families page on cigna.com. Individuals can also use this page to register for the seminars. While it's not required to register in advance, doing so will enable individuals to get reminders about upcoming seminars.
The behavioral health awareness seminars are intended to provide general information to the public. Cigna customers may have access to an employee assistance program (EAP) or health coaching services. To use these benefits, customers should call the telephone number on their Cigna identification card or visit myCigna.com.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has approximately 80 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna® including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Collaborates with Annum Health to Introduce a Digital Health Solution to Help People Reduce Alcohol Consumption
- Cigna Helps Customers Affected by California Wildfires, Cigna Foundation Donates $25,000 to the American Red Cross for Recovery
- Cigna Names Jim Hickey as Market President for South Texas Commercial Health Plans
- Cigna Furthers Commitment to Promote Mental Well-Being by Collaborating With Happify Health and Prevail Health to Offer New Digital Tools
- New Cigna Pregnancy App Enables Improved Health and Lower Costs For Pregnant Women
- Cigna Reports Strong Third Quarter 2018 Results, Raises Outlook