Cigna Foundation Donating $25,000 to American Red Cross for Flood Relief in Texas and Oklahoma
- Employee contributions to American Red Cross will be matched
- Cigna opens 24x7 telephone help line to support all affected residents
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., May 28, 2015 - The Cigna Foundation is making a $25,000 donation to the American Red Cross for flood relief in Texas and Oklahoma. Cigna (NYSE: CI) is also activating an internal website that will enable company employees to request matching funds for employee donations to the Red Cross.
The company is also expanding access to its 24x7 telephone help line to provide personal assistance and support for all residents in affected areas. Phone lines are staffed with qualified clinicians who are available to speak with people about how to cope with loss, anxiety, stress or other issues resulting from the floods.
"At times like this, Cigna's mission to help people improve their health, well-being and sense of security takes on special meaning and urgency," said David Figliuzzi, director of the Cigna Foundation. "Our hearts go out to everyone affected by the flooding and hope that this donation will help them recover from this disaster. We also encourage people affected by the flooding to use Cigna's 24x7 telephone help line if they need help coping with loss, anxiety or stress during this difficult time."
People who do not have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna can call a special toll-free number - 866.912.1687 - 24 hours a day through June 30.
Customers who have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna should call the telephone number on their Cigna I.D. card.
About the Cigna Foundation
The Cigna Foundation, founded in 1962, is a private foundation funded by contributions from Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) and its subsidiaries. The Cigna Foundation is committed to working together with nonprofit organizations that are creating innovative approaches to improving the health and security of individuals and communities everywhere. The Foundation's primary grant making focus is on health equity, with an emphasis on sharing the expertise and energies of Cigna's people with our nonprofit partners.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 88 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Waives Customer Cost-Sharing For COVID-19 Treatment And Deploys Clinical Teams To Increase Virtual Care Capacity
- Cigna Makes It Easier For Hospitals To Focus On COVID-19 By Helping Accelerate Patient Transfers
- Cigna Expands Benefits To Support And Protect Its Workforce In Response To COVID-19
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing Terms of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Corporation Announces Early Results of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Takes Additional Actions To Protect Customers And Communities Against COVID-19