CR Magazine Names Cigna a ‘Best 100 Corporate Citizen'
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., April 29, 2015 - CR Magazine has named Cigna Corporation (NYSE:CI) to its 2015 list of 100 Best Corporate Citizens. This is the first time the company, ranked number 86, has been in the top 100. The recognition reflects progress achieved through Cigna's strategic corporate responsibility platform, Cigna Connects.
In 2014, Cigna issued its first CR Report, prepared in accordance with the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines. The report provides an up close look at Cigna's environmental, social and governance (ESG) policies and priorities, and demonstrates how Cigna's non-financial performance in these areas aligns with its mission, supports the core business and creates benefits for Cigna's stakeholders.
"Key to Cigna's success is earning trust through responsible business practices and corporate citizenship, and providing superior services that meet our customers' individual needs. Our Cigna Connects vision is to serve as a catalyst for action and as a convener of stakeholders who, working together, can make a difference," said Cigna President and CEO David Cordani.
The magazine annually ranks the nation's top 100 companies for demonstrated CR best practices and a commitment to publicly reporting their socially responsible initiatives. Companies are ranked by CR Magazine on more than 300 data points collected on publicly available information covering climate change, employee relations, environmental, financial, governance, human rights, philanthropy and community support. The list was recognized by PR Week as one of America's three most important business rankings. The full list of the 2015 100 Best Corporate Citizens can be found at http://www.thecro.com/.
Later this year, Cigna will release its second annual CR report presenting the material issues and impacts of Cigna's ESG activities and 2014 accomplishments.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 85 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans