Javier Cano appointed European Managing Director, Cigna Global Health Benefits
MADRID, April 21, 2015 - Cigna (NYSE: CI) has named Javier Cano as Managing Director of its Global Health Benefits business in Europe to ensure the growing number of globally mobile customers benefit from Cigna's global capabilities and local expertise. Currently, Cigna provides global health care benefits and related services to more than one million customers worldwide. They receive the personalised experience they need to achieve their goals of improved health, well-being and sense of security.
Javier commented, "I'm delighted to bring together Cigna's resources in Europe at a time when global mobility and demand for health benefits are both increasing. There's no doubt that global mobility has an important part to play in economic growth. And I'm confident that Cigna is well-positioned to support the different global health benefits needs of employers across Europe."
Javier joined Cigna in 2006 as Business Development Director for the Spanish business. In 2010 he launched Cigna's Individual PMI business in Europe, building new direct channels alongside established intermediary distribution. Javier then became Spain Country Manager for Cigna in 2011 where he has successfully grown the business across the individual, domestic and global benefits' segments. He will continue to lead Cigna's business in Spain as part of his new role.
While Javier continues to be based in Madrid, he leads a team operating across Europe with key operational hubs in UK, Belgium and Spain.
About Cigna Global Health Benefits
Cigna Global Health Benefits is a leading provider of group healthcare and employee benefits solutions for globally mobile employees of small, medium and large businesses, multinational corporates and IGOs/NGOs. We are a truly international organisation with operations in more than 30 countries and over 50 years of experience.
Cigna Global Health Benefits is part of Cigna, a US-based global health service company, dedicated to helping the people we serve improve their health, well-being and sense of security. To learn more please visit www.cignaglobalhealth.com and www.cignainspire.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Collaborates with Annum Health to Introduce a Digital Health Solution to Help People Reduce Alcohol Consumption
- Cigna Helps Customers Affected by California Wildfires, Cigna Foundation Donates $25,000 to the American Red Cross for Recovery
- Cigna Names Jim Hickey as Market President for South Texas Commercial Health Plans
- Cigna Furthers Commitment to Promote Mental Well-Being by Collaborating With Happify Health and Prevail Health to Offer New Digital Tools
- New Cigna Pregnancy App Enables Improved Health and Lower Costs For Pregnant Women
- Cigna Reports Strong Third Quarter 2018 Results, Raises Outlook