Cigna Again Recognized as Highest-performing Among PPO Plans in Maryland
Amy Szable, 860-902-6625
BALTIMORE, 02 May, 2016 - The Maryland Health Care Commission (MHCC) has again recognized Cigna (NYSE: CI) as the top-performing Preferred Provider Organization-type (PPO-type) plan, based on findings from the Comprehensive Quality Report 2015: Comparing the Performance of Maryland's Commercial Health Benefit Plans.
"Together with local health care professionals, we work to put our customers at the center of all we do. Being recognized for these efforts by the Maryland Health Care Commission is very gratifying," said Julia Huggins, president, Cigna Mid-Atlantic. "This report is a valuable resource for both employers and consumers in Maryland, and it also helps us to identify areas where we are doing well, and areas for further improvement."
The MHCC Comprehensive Quality Report 2015 provides detailed health benefit plan indicators of quality of care and customer experience, as well as clinical performance of health plans and activities to reduce health care disparities.
The report indicates that of the 101 measures with national benchmarks and performance rates, Cigna performed at or above the national average benchmark on 67 measures and was the top performer in Maryland among PPO plans. On the consumer satisfaction measure where customers rate their health benefit plan on overall performance, Cigna PPO performed above the national benchmark on the percent of customers who rated their health benefit plan as good or better. For more information about the report, visit healthcarequality.mhcc.maryland.gov.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 90 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Fourth Quarter 2019 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna Adds Crozer-Keystone Health System to its Medicare Network in Pennsylvania
- Cigna And Oscar Announce Strategic Partnership To Offer Differentiated Health Solutions To Small Businesses In Select U.S. Markets
- Cigna Ventures Invests in Two Breakthrough Companies to Accelerate Digital Health Innovation and Connect Customers to Care Anywhere, Anytime
- Cigna Helps People Achieve Aspirational Health Goals at the 2020 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend
- Combining Medical, Pharmacy and Behavioral Benefits Delivers Annual Savings of More than $850 per Customer with an Identified Health Improvement Opportunity