Cigna Assists People Affected by Police Shooting Outside Baltimore With 24x7 Telephone Help Line
Mark Slitt, 860-226-2092
BALTIMORE, 11 February, 2016 - Cigna (NYSE: CI) is expanding access to its 24x7 telephone help line to provide personal assistance and support for all Baltimore-area residents affected by yesterday’s tragic shooting. Phone lines are staffed with qualified clinicians who are available to speak with people about how to cope with loss, anxiety, stress, fear or other issues related to gun violence.
People who do not have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna can call a special toll-free number - 866.912.1687 - 24 hours a day through March 4.
Customers who have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna should call the telephone number on their Cigna I.D. card.
“We are shocked by the senseless shooting of two police officers outside Baltimore and want to do what we can to help the community cope with this terrible tragedy and begin to heal,” said Julia Huggins, president, Cigna Mid-Atlantic.
Cigna also offers helpful online resources for physical, mental and emotional self-care during turbulent times, including violent attacks. Resources are available on CignaBehavioral.com in the Disaster Resource Center, in English and Español.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 90 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Announces Virtual 2020 Annual Meeting Of Shareholders
- Express Scripts Enables Access to SilverCloud Health Digital Program to Help Members Cope with COVID-19 Pandemic
- Cigna And Express Scripts Partner With Buoy Health To Offer Digital COVID-19 Screening Tools
- Cigna Waives Customer Cost-Sharing For COVID-19 Treatment And Deploys Clinical Teams To Increase Virtual Care Capacity
- Cigna Makes It Easier For Hospitals To Focus On COVID-19 By Helping Accelerate Patient Transfers
- Cigna Expands Benefits To Support And Protect Its Workforce In Response To COVID-19