Cigna Guided Solutions Now Offers Midsize and Smaller Employers More Options and Flexibility
Joe Mondy, 860-226-5499
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., 29 August, 2016 - Global health service company Cigna (NYSE: CI) is introducing additional and more flexible health plan choices for mid- and smaller-sized employers through its enhanced Cigna Guided Solutions® benefit technology platform, initially launched in 2014.
In addition to Cigna's broad array of pre-configured medical, dental, vision and group life, disability and accident insurance, and other benefit plans, Cigna's state of the art benefit technology solution now offers employers the option to include other types of medical plans and network options, as well as group life, disability and accident insurance that mirror the employer’s current benefits plans.
“Over the past several years, the market has evolved and its needs have become clearer,” said Patty Fontneau, President, Benefit Exchange and Technology Solutions Business at Cigna. “Employers are looking for more than simply transitioning to an exchange. Many are really seeking a benefit technology solution that offers easier administration and cost stability for their business, and more choice for their employees.”
“Cigna Guided Solutions combines these features with the choice of pre-defined plan designs or customized options that are comparable to the plans employers currently offer, and can be provided utilizing any of Cigna's funding alternatives,” Ms. Fontneau said. “This flexibility can provide a needed measure for continuity when transitioning to a new customer-centric benefits platform and serve as a foundation to a more expansive offering.”
She added that the enhanced platform now offers employers greater integration of Cigna technology with key benefit administration services, as well as its standard portfolio of employee-friendly features such as: personalized enrollment decision support, online and mobile benefits management, and 24/7/365 live customer service for medical and dental plans to help clients get their employees actively engaged in their health and health care spending.
Integration features include:
- Year-round eligibility management and automated data exchange for all plans.
- Enrollment support including online provider directory, a click-to-chat feature, access to dedicated phone representatives to help co-browse or to enroll individuals.
- Single sign-on to myCigna.com for easy access to health care information.
- Consumer-driven health plan banking applications so employees can initiate their account set- up as part of their benefit enrollment process.
Cigna’s Benefit Exchange and Technology Solutions business currently services more than 1 million customers through its proprietary exchange and benefits administration solutions, and its relationship with over 40 active and retiree third-party private exchanges.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, Cigna Benefit Technology Solutions, Inc., or their affiliates. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 90 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna and Express Scripts Named Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion
- Cigna Returns as Presenting Sponsor of the Marine Corps Marathon, Continuing a Tradition of Honoring Members of the U.S. Armed Forces
- Cigna Corporation’s Second Quarter 2019 Earnings Release Details
- GNS Healthcare Raises $23 Million Led by Cigna Ventures
- Cigna Demonstrates Commitment to Health of People, Communities and Environment
- Cigna's U.S. Loneliness Index Provides Actionable Insights for Improving Body and Mind Health