Cigna Launches One Guide – Simplified, Personalized Service to Help Choose a Health Plan, Improve Health and Reduce Costs
Joe Mondy, 860-226-5499
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., 30 November, 2016 - While many service providers are automating, offshoring and dumbing down their capabilities, global health service company Cigna (NYSE: CI) is investing in an integrated hi-tech/hi-touch approach to customer decision support and service.
Starting January 1, 2017 1.2 million Cigna commercial health plan customers will receive One Guide access to guided consultations via phone, mobile app and “Click-to-Chat” for choosing their benefits, building a personal health team of doctors, clinicians and coaches and reducing their health expenses through reward programs.
“As health care continues to become more complicated and more expensive, we need to up our game beyond our already industry-leading 24/7/365 service, and further leverage our technology, analytics and people skills to deliver a next-level customer experience,” said Joan Harvey, Cigna's vice president in charge of customer health engagement.
“Cigna One Guide transcends what many people have come to expect from the health insurance industry,“ Ms. Harvey said. “At the center of One Guide is the customers’ relationship with specially trained, knowledgeable and empathetic advisors who are there for you during the moments that matter -- whether it’s when your choosing your plan, looking to improve your health and health care costs, or working your way back to health.”
The customer’s One Guide personal guide relationship is there when they need help the most to make important healthcare choices, including:
- Starting your plan year off on the right foot with clear information about how your coverage works
- Making decisions about care with confidence, using simple search tools and easy-to-understand educational materials that are fully tailored based on your plan
- Staying motivated to be on top of your health, with personal reminders sent to you through the mobile app
- Maximizing savings and cash incentive opportunities through the app, as well as via phone or Click- to-Chat on the app. Your personal guide will connect you to the right resources based on your plan and any wellness programs your employer may offer.
According to Ms. Harvey, “At Cigna we measure future success by the customer’s results for improving their health, well-being and sense of security.”
She notes that results among One Guide early adopters show they are more engaged in health improvement programs, enjoy greater service satisfaction and receive higher payouts of health cash incentive rewards that lower employee premiums or reduce their out-of-pocket costs:
- 10% higher engagement rates in chronic, wellness and lifestyle health advocacy programs*
- 3.2% higher transactional net promoter scores*
- 48% increase in mean incentive balance, as compared to non-users**
“Whether it’s a conversation over the phone with a personal guide or via the exclusive One Guide version of the myCigna mobile app, One Guide provides clear, personalized guidance whenever you need it – and even when you may not realize you do,” Ms. Harvey said.
* Cigna internal analysis of clients with 2014 full-year participation in the concierge service program, covering 182,000 customers.
** Based on internal Cigna interim analysis of client pilot from October 2014–June 2015, covering only customers continuously eligible from October 2013–June 2015. Results reflect customers who used the online experience tool more than three times during the period versus the control group that did not use the tool.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 88 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans