CR Magazine Ladder Award Recognizes Cigna for Progress in Corporate Responsibility
Gloria Barone, 215-761-4758
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., 20 December, 2016 - Cigna (NYSE: CI), a global health service company, was named to the CR Magazine Ladder Award list as one of 25 companies that made the most advancement this year in responsible business practices. CR magazine annually ranks the nation's top 100 companies for demonstrated corporate responsibility (CR) best practices and a commitment to publicly reporting their socially responsible initiatives. Companies are ranked by CR Magazine on more than 300 data points collected on publicly available information covering climate change, employee relations, environmental, financial, governance, human rights, philanthropy and community support.
“We’re pleased with the recognition of Cigna's CR approach, Cigna Connects, which aligns with our company’s mission of helping to improve the health, well-being and sense of security of the people we serve. We strive to create connections that earn trust through responsible business practices, corporate citizenship and a commitment to providing superior services,” said Cigna CR Manager Mary Tullis Engvall.
Cigna publishes an annual CR report, which provides an up-close look at Cigna’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) policies and priorities and shares facts, figures and stories that demonstrate how Cigna works to create shared value for Cigna and society by applying its resources. The report communicates Cigna's leadership in creating a more sustainable health care system and demonstrates how Cigna's non-financial performance aligns with its mission, supports its core business, and creates benefits for stakeholders.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 90 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans