CR Magazine Ladder Award Recognizes Cigna for Progress in Corporate Responsibility
Gloria Barone, 215-761-4758
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., 20 December, 2016 - Cigna (NYSE: CI), a global health service company, was named to the CR Magazine Ladder Award list as one of 25 companies that made the most advancement this year in responsible business practices. CR magazine annually ranks the nation's top 100 companies for demonstrated corporate responsibility (CR) best practices and a commitment to publicly reporting their socially responsible initiatives. Companies are ranked by CR Magazine on more than 300 data points collected on publicly available information covering climate change, employee relations, environmental, financial, governance, human rights, philanthropy and community support.
“We’re pleased with the recognition of Cigna's CR approach, Cigna Connects, which aligns with our company’s mission of helping to improve the health, well-being and sense of security of the people we serve. We strive to create connections that earn trust through responsible business practices, corporate citizenship and a commitment to providing superior services,” said Cigna CR Manager Mary Tullis Engvall.
Cigna publishes an annual CR report, which provides an up-close look at Cigna’s environmental, social and governance (ESG) policies and priorities and shares facts, figures and stories that demonstrate how Cigna works to create shared value for Cigna and society by applying its resources. The report communicates Cigna's leadership in creating a more sustainable health care system and demonstrates how Cigna's non-financial performance aligns with its mission, supports its core business, and creates benefits for stakeholders.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 90 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Fourth Quarter 2019 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna Adds Crozer-Keystone Health System to its Medicare Network in Pennsylvania
- Cigna And Oscar Announce Strategic Partnership To Offer Differentiated Health Solutions To Small Businesses In Select U.S. Markets
- Cigna Ventures Invests in Two Breakthrough Companies to Accelerate Digital Health Innovation and Connect Customers to Care Anywhere, Anytime
- Cigna Helps People Achieve Aspirational Health Goals at the 2020 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend
- Combining Medical, Pharmacy and Behavioral Benefits Delivers Annual Savings of More than $850 per Customer with an Identified Health Improvement Opportunity