Cigna Assists People Affected by Las Vegas Shooting With Free 24x7 Telephone Help Line
LAS VEGAS October 2, 2017 – Traumatic events like the tragic shooting in Las Vegas can have a profound emotional effect on individuals and communities. People who need support in the aftermath of the Las Vegas shooting can call Cigna's 24x7 telephone help line for personal assistance and guidance. Phone lines are staffed with qualified clinicians who are available to speak with people about coping with loss, anxiety, stress, fear or other issues related to gun violence.
The general public can call a special toll-free number - 866.912.1687 - 24 hours a day through October 31.
Customers who have health benefits or employee assistance program benefits with Cigna should call the telephone number on their Cigna I.D. card or 800.244.6224.
"We are profoundly shocked and saddened by the terrible shooting in Las Vegas," said Gene Rapisardi, president of Cigna's Nevada market. "Naturally, Las Vegas and the entire state are grief-stricken, but this horrible tragedy also affects people throughout the country. Cigna's support line is open to anyone affected no matter where you live. If you are suffering or struggling, you don't have to face this alone. We're here to help."
Cigna also offers helpful online resources for physical, mental and emotional self-care during turbulent times, including violent attacks. Resources are available on CignaBehavioral.com in the Disaster Resource Center, in English and Español.
About CignaCigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 95 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Waives Customer Cost-Sharing For COVID-19 Treatment And Deploys Clinical Teams To Increase Virtual Care Capacity
- Cigna Makes It Easier For Hospitals To Focus On COVID-19 By Helping Accelerate Patient Transfers
- Cigna Expands Benefits To Support And Protect Its Workforce In Response To COVID-19
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing Terms of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Corporation Announces Early Results of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Takes Additional Actions To Protect Customers And Communities Against COVID-19