Cigna Launches Fingerprint Access Feature to Help Customers Manage Their Health
Gloria Barone, 215-761-4758
BLOOMFIELD, Conn. - January 13, 2017 - Cigna has added fingerprint access to both the iOS and Android versions of its myCigna app for customers. With one touch of the fingertip, the app allows Cigna customers to manage their health by accessing health account information, search for in-network doctors and health services, and manage medical and dental claims.
Dave Vonesh, director of Global Digital Marketing at Cigna, said the new fingerprint functionality enhances all the goals Cigna has for its app: offering ease of use, helping customers avoid financial surprises, and encouraging use of preventive care services.
"Fingerprint access eliminates the need to remember multiple IDs and passwords and provides quick and easy access to the tools within the application. Cigna was looking for new ways to improve its app, which launched originally in 2012, as we're seeing increased interest in mobile use from customers," Vonesh said. Since the myCigna application was created four years ago, there have been nearly two million downloads of the application.
The new fingerprint feature also enables users to check their HSA and FSA balances, submit receipts to get reimbursed, manage claims, view ID cards, compare drug prices, and find and book appointments with in-network dentists.
More information is available at http://www.cigna.com/takecontrol/mycigna-fingerprint-access
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 90 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Waives Customer Cost-Sharing For COVID-19 Treatment And Deploys Clinical Teams To Increase Virtual Care Capacity
- Cigna Makes It Easier For Hospitals To Focus On COVID-19 By Helping Accelerate Patient Transfers
- Cigna Expands Benefits To Support And Protect Its Workforce In Response To COVID-19
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing Terms of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Corporation Announces Early Results of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes
- Cigna Takes Additional Actions To Protect Customers And Communities Against COVID-19