Cigna names Dr. Catherine Dimou as market medical executive, Midwest Market
Phil Mann, 860-461-8605
CHICAGO, 01 June, 2017 - Cigna (NYSE:CI) has named Dr. Catherine Dimou as the new market medical executive for the company’s Midwest Market (covering Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan).
A board-certified internist specializing in hospital medicine, Dr. Dimou joins Cigna from Rush University Medical Center where she held multiple senior leadership positions, the most recent being associate dean of medical services. At Cigna, Dr. Dimou will primarily focus on physician and hospital system collaboration, network development, client growth and retention, and total medical cost reduction. She’ll be based in Chicago, and report to Peter W. McCauley Sr., MD, regional medical executive for Cigna’s Northeast region, which includes the Midwest.
“Dr. Dimou brings a wealth of experience to Cigna's customers, including expertise in population health, clinical management and the delivery of quality health care,” said Dr. McCauley, Sr. “Given her proven track record and deep roots in the Midwest, I look forward to her immediate contributions on behalf of those we serve.”
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 95 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna and Earvin "Magic" Johnson Join Forces to Combat Health Disparities and Support Minority and Women-Owned Businesses
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the Credit Suisse 29th Annual Healthcare Conference
- Cigna Corporation's Third Quarter 2020 Earnings Release Details
- Keith Barnes Named Market President for Cigna's Commercial Business in North Texas and Oklahoma
- Cigna Expands Medicare Advantage Offerings to Deliver Greater Affordability, Predictability and Choice to Customers
- New Landmark Study From Cigna Shows American Resilience Is At Risk