Cigna Recognizes Eight Tri-State Organizations for Commitment to Employee Health and Wellness
NEW YORK - July 20, 2017 - Cigna (NYSE: CI) has selected eight client organizations in the New York Tri-State region for recognition in the company's annual Cigna Well-Being Awards, for their strong commitment to improving the health and well-being of employees through their workplace wellness programs.
The honorees represent four organizations with more than 500 employees, and four with fewer than 500 employees. In each of these two categories, one company earned recognition for its "Outstanding" employee health and wellness program, with three others being recognized for "Excellent" programs. The recognized organizations, along with selected highlights of the wellness programming which merited their selection, include:
More than 500 employees:
- Signature Bank (New York) -for its focus on preventive care and chronic-disease reduction.
- Marcum LLP (New York) - for its incentive programming and creative wellness events.
- Mitsubishi International Corporation (New York) - for its expanded emphasis on employee wellness education.
- Bigelow Tea (Fairfield, CT) - for its promotion of healthy lifestyles and on-site blood screenings.
Fewer than 500 employees
- Dora's Naturals (South Hackensack, NJ) - for its broad array of wellness education programming, on-site screenings and promotion of physical activity.
- Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation, Inc. (New York) - for its high rate of employee participation in on-site health assessments and biometric screenings.
- LaFrance Corporation (Concordville, PA) - for its commitment to improving the health and well-being of employees and their families.
- LTS Lohmann Therapy Systems Corp. (West Caldwell, NJ) - for its innovation in creating a culture of wellness.
"Cigna's mission is to help individuals improve their health, well-being and sense of security," said David Kobus, president of Cigna's Tri-State market, which includes New York, New Jersey and Southern Connecticut. "We're eager to recognize the efforts of organizations that are equally passionate about investing in a culture of health."
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S. employers lose more than $225 billion each year in productivity due to employee health problems. Cigna created the Well-Being Award to recognize employer clients that have a positive impact on the health and well-being of their workforce.
Applicants are evaluated based on the core components of their wellness program, including the goals, implementation, incentives, leadership engagement and employee participation. All applications are reviewed and judged by an internal, multi-departmental review committee from Cigna.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 95 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Expands Personalized Diabetes Prevention Program in Collaboration with Omada Health
- U.S. Department of Justice Grants Clearance to Cigna’s Acquisition of Express Scripts
- Cigna Foundation Donates $100,000 to American Red Cross for Hurricane Florence Relief
- Cigna Announces Cigna Ventures with $250 Million to Fund Transformative Innovation and Growth for Health Care
- Cigna Helps Residents in Affected States Prepare for Hurricane Florence
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing of $20 Billion of Senior Notes