Cigna Scores Official Sponsorship with the Dallas Wings
DALLAS, 12 June, 2017 - As the WNBA’s sizzling summer season continues, health service company Cigna (NYSE: CI) has signed on as an official sponsor of the Dallas Wings basketball team.
The multi-year arrangement provides for a number of community activities that focus on youth and families:
- Youth Basketball Skills Clinics Presented by Cigna: Prior to eight weekend home games, there will be a free, one-hour skills clinic for children between the ages of 7 and 11, led by Dallas Wings coaches or coaches of local women’s and girls’ basketball programs. While the kids enjoy the clinic, their parents will have an opportunity to participate in a parent health education activity.
- Community Caravans Presented by Cigna: Eight surprise visits to deserving local organizations throughout the Metroplex with a Dallas Wings player and Lightning, the Dallas Wings mascot.
- Family Fitness Days: Two family-friendly fitness events at Klyde Warren Park or another location, with appearances by a Dallas Wings player and Lightning.
“We know that the Dallas Wings look forward to delighting their fans, and we’re eager to support their mission to deliver healthy family fun and entertainment,” said LaMonte Thomas, Cigna’s president for North Texas and Oklahoma. “At Cigna, our mission is not only to help people improve their health and well-being, but also to help build healthy communities. We think teaming up with the Dallas Wings is a great way to do that.”
“We are excited to add Cigna to our roster of corporate partners. This relationship will allow us to bring Dallas Wings basketball to more fans, in more communities, in new and exciting ways,” said Greg Bibb, Dallas Wings president and CEO. “Community involvement is a cornerstone of our organization. We know Cigna shares our commitment to strong, healthy communities and we are excited about the work we will do together over the next three years.”
About the Dallas Wings
The Dallas Wings are one of twelve professional teams in the Women’s National Basketball Association (WNBA). The team was founded in Detroit, Michigan in 1998 as the Detroit Shock. After 12 years and three championships (2003, 2006 and 2008), the team moved to Tulsa, where they were known as the Tulsa Shock. In 2016, the team played their first season in the Dallas-Fort Worth area as the Dallas Wings. The Wings play home games at College Park Center, a state-of-the-art facility located on the University of Texas at Arlington campus in Arlington, Texas.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 95 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability of $5 Million in Grants to Reduce Child Food Insecurity
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the Wells Fargo 2019 Healthcare Conference
- Brian Marsella Named Cigna Market President for Midwest Health Plans
- Cigna Delivers Strong Second Quarter 2019 Results, Raises Revenue and Earnings Outlook
- Cigna Collaborates with Memorial Sloan Kettering to Improve Care for People Undergoing Cancer Treatment
- Cigna and Express Scripts Named Best Places to Work for Disability Inclusion