Cigna Issues Statement Commending the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act
Ellie Polack, 860-902-4906
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., 24 October, 2018 - Global health service company Cigna Corporation (NYSE:CI) issued the following statement today at the White House signing ceremony for the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act, from Alan Muney, M.D., Cigna chief medical officer.
“We thank the President for his leadership and commend Congress for passing the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act. The broad bipartisan support reflects that the opioid epidemic knows no geographic, political or socio-economic boundaries; it does not discriminate among the American lives it continues to claim.”
“Cigna believes only through supporting and treating the whole person – with the mind and body treated as one – can we begin to heal this epidemic and prevent future ones from starting. In partnering with medical professionals, employers and community leaders across the country, we are encouraged by our progress to date, but we know there is much more work to do to ensure our communities are safe.”
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, or their affiliates. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in over 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 95 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com . For more information about Cigna's proposed acquisition of Express Scripts, please visit www.advancinghealthcare.com .
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger