Cigna Issues Statement Commending the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act
Ellie Polack, 860-902-4906
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., 24 October, 2018 - Global health service company Cigna Corporation (NYSE:CI) issued the following statement today at the White House signing ceremony for the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act, from Alan Muney, M.D., Cigna chief medical officer.
“We thank the President for his leadership and commend Congress for passing the SUPPORT for Patients and Communities Act. The broad bipartisan support reflects that the opioid epidemic knows no geographic, political or socio-economic boundaries; it does not discriminate among the American lives it continues to claim.”
“Cigna believes only through supporting and treating the whole person – with the mind and body treated as one – can we begin to heal this epidemic and prevent future ones from starting. In partnering with medical professionals, employers and community leaders across the country, we are encouraged by our progress to date, but we know there is much more work to do to ensure our communities are safe.”
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, or their affiliates. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in over 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 95 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com . For more information about Cigna's proposed acquisition of Express Scripts, please visit www.advancinghealthcare.com .
Other articles in News Releases:
- Express Scripts Enables Access to SilverCloud Health Digital Program to Help Members Cope with COVID-19 Pandemic
- Cigna And Express Scripts Partner With Buoy Health To Offer Digital COVID-19 Screening Tools
- Cigna Waives Customer Cost-Sharing For COVID-19 Treatment And Deploys Clinical Teams To Increase Virtual Care Capacity
- Cigna Makes It Easier For Hospitals To Focus On COVID-19 By Helping Accelerate Patient Transfers
- Cigna Expands Benefits To Support And Protect Its Workforce In Response To COVID-19
- Cigna Corporation Announces Pricing Terms of Tender Offers for up to $1.45 billion in Aggregate Principal Amount of Outstanding Notes