Cigna Named a "Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality" for Sixth Year in a Row
Gloria Barone, 215-761-4758
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., 24 January, 2018 - Cigna (NYSE: CI), a global health service company, received a perfect 100 score on the Human Rights Campaign's 2018 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) and has been recognized by the HRC Foundation as one of the "Best Places to Work for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Equality" for the sixth year in a row.
"The diversity and inclusiveness of our workforce remains essential to Cigna's mission to help improve the health, well-being and sense of security of all those we serve. In nurturing our employees, we gain important insights into their needs along with our diverse customers and communities, helping us continually improve our service,” said David Figliuzzi, Cigna Diversity Director.
The CEI evaluates LGBTQ-related policies and practices including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs, and public engagement with the LGBTQ community.
Cigna and the Cigna Foundation also support several LGBTQ non-profits including The Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA), Hetrick-Martin Institute , Mazzoni Center , the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective /One Big Event , Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders (SAGE), and Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN). For more information on the Corporate Equality Index, or to download a free copy of the report, visit www.hrc.org/cei.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 95 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com .
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Second Quarter 2020 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna + Oscar Helps Small Business Owners who Recognize that a Healthy Workforce is the Key to a Vibrant Business in COVID-19 Environment
- Priority Health and Cigna Form Strategic Alliance to Make Quality Health Care More Affordable and Accessible for Michigan Employers and Customers
- Cigna Donates $75,000 to the City of Memphis to Fund COVID-19 Testing for Underserved Communities
- Cigna, Huntsville Hospital Health System Reach Agreement to Provide Value-Based Care to Medicare Advantage Customers in Northern Alabama
- Cigna Foundation Announces Availability Of $5 Million In Grants To Address Children's Mental Health, Childhood Hunger