Cigna Named a "Best Place to Work for LGBTQ Equality" for Sixth Year in a Row
Gloria Barone, 215-761-4758
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., 24 January, 2018 - Cigna (NYSE: CI), a global health service company, received a perfect 100 score on the Human Rights Campaign's 2018 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) and has been recognized by the HRC Foundation as one of the "Best Places to Work for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer (LGBTQ) Equality" for the sixth year in a row.
"The diversity and inclusiveness of our workforce remains essential to Cigna's mission to help improve the health, well-being and sense of security of all those we serve. In nurturing our employees, we gain important insights into their needs along with our diverse customers and communities, helping us continually improve our service,” said David Figliuzzi, Cigna Diversity Director.
The CEI evaluates LGBTQ-related policies and practices including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs, and public engagement with the LGBTQ community.
Cigna and the Cigna Foundation also support several LGBTQ non-profits including The Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA), Hetrick-Martin Institute , Mazzoni Center , the Hartford Gay and Lesbian Health Collective /One Big Event , Services and Advocacy for GLBT Elders (SAGE), and Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN). For more information on the Corporate Equality Index, or to download a free copy of the report, visit www.hrc.org/cei.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to helping people improve their health, well-being and sense of security. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America and Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 95 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com .
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Corporation's Fourth Quarter 2019 Earnings Release Details
- Cigna Adds Crozer-Keystone Health System to its Medicare Network in Pennsylvania
- Cigna And Oscar Announce Strategic Partnership To Offer Differentiated Health Solutions To Small Businesses In Select U.S. Markets
- Cigna Ventures Invests in Two Breakthrough Companies to Accelerate Digital Health Innovation and Connect Customers to Care Anywhere, Anytime
- Cigna Helps People Achieve Aspirational Health Goals at the 2020 Walt Disney World® Marathon Weekend
- Combining Medical, Pharmacy and Behavioral Benefits Delivers Annual Savings of More than $850 per Customer with an Identified Health Improvement Opportunity