Cigna Ranked First in the Health Care Industry for Supporting Healthy Communities and Families
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., 12 June, 2019 - Global health service company Cigna ranked first in the health care industry and ranked second on a new list of Top 100 U.S. Companies Supporting Healthy Communities and Families. The list, compiled by JUST Capital with support from Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, recognizes leading organizations that prioritize community health through supportive and sustainable business practices to improve the lives of employees, customers and neighbors.
“At Cigna, we are committed to creating a better future, together,” said David M. Cordani, president and CEO of Cigna. “To do this, we focus on the needs of our customers, patients and coworkers, one community, one person, one family at a time. This personalized approach to community engagement is at the core of what we do, and a critical reason why we invest in the communities where we live, work and play.”
Furthering the company’s commitment to improving the health and well-being of people globally, Cigna is investing $200 million in the Cigna Foundation and our communities to improve community services, address childhood wellness issues and help transform health care at the societal and local levels. As part of the $200 million investment, the company launched the Healthier Kids for Our Future initiative, a $25 million, 5-year commitment to improve the health of children globally. The first area of focus will be on children’s food insecurity and initiatives will work to help support the targets of the UN Sustainable Development Goal 2 – Zero Hunger.
Cigna has been honored to be recognized by a number of organizations in 2019, including:
- Military Times named Cigna and Express Scripts to its 2019 Best Employers for Veterans list.
- Corporate Responsibility Magazine (CR Magazine) named Cigna to its 100 Best Corporate Citizens ranking.
- DiversityInc recognized Express Scripts among the Top 50 inclusive companies in the nation.
- Human Rights Campaign named Cigna and Express Scripts as 2019 Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality after both companies earned a 100 score on its Corporate Equality Index.
For more information about Cigna's social and environmental leadership in supporting individuals, families and communities, visit Cigna Connects.
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna delivers choice, predictability, affordability and access to quality care through integrated capabilities and connected, personalized solutions that advance whole person health. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Life Insurance Company of North America, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, Express Scripts companies or their affiliates.
Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance.
Cigna maintains sales capability in over 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has 165 million customer relationships worldwide. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna and the Cigna Foundation Help Improve Health and Well-being of Unpaid Family Caregivers in Massachusetts
- Cigna Names Vaishali Geib as Market Medical Executive for Mid-Atlantic
- Cigna and Cigna Foundation Committed to Support America’s Heroes
- Cigna’s Continued Momentum Drives Strong Third Quarter 2019 Results and Increased Revenue and Earnings Outlook
- Kimberly Ross Appointed to Cigna Board of Directors
- Cigna Foundation Puts Kids on Healthier Path by Combatting Childhood Hunger in St. Louis