Cigna and the Cigna Foundation Help Those Affected by Nashville Tornado
- Free help line open to all members of the community
NASHVILLE, Tenn., March 4, 2020 -- Global health service company Cigna (NYSE: CI) is taking steps to help people who were impacted by Tuesday's tornado in Nashville. Cigna is easing some health benefits plan and prescription requirements, and expanding access to a toll-free help line for people living in Benton, Davidson, Knox, Putnam, Shelby and Wilson counties.
- Pharmacy: to ensure customers continue to have ready access to prescription medications, Cigna and Express Scripts have lifted prescription refill requirements in affected areas through April 2. This will allow those who suffered lost or damaged medications due to the tornado to get needed replacements quickly.
- Urgent Care and Emergencies: Cigna will cover out-of-network claims as in-network for members needing urgent emergent care in the impacted area for medical, behavioral, dental and vision through April 2.
- Free Help Line: in addition to providing a help line to customers, Cigna has opened a help line for everyone in the impacted community, even if they don't have Cigna coverage. The line is available at no cost at 866.912.1687 - 24 hours a day. It is staffed by qualified clinicians available to help callers cope with anxiety, stress or other issues.
- Cigna's Disaster Resource Center provides a list of online resources for physical and mental self-care during challenging times. Resources are available in English and Spanish.
To further support those impacted by the tornado, the Cigna Foundation will be making a $75,000 donation to the American Red Cross, and up to a $25,000 match in employee contributions.
"Cigna has deep roots in the Nashville community, and our local employees are committed to serving our clients and customers in the area," said Greg Allen, MidSouth market president, Cigna. "Our hearts go out to those whose lives have been turned upside down by this tragic event, and we're eager to help as best we can."
Cigna Corporation (NYSE: CI) is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna delivers choice, predictability, affordability and access to quality care through integrated capabilities and connected, personalized solutions that advance whole person health. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Express Scripts companies or their affiliates, and Life Insurance Company of North America. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in over 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 170 million customer relationships throughout the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
About the Cigna Foundation
The Cigna Foundation, established in 1962, is a private foundation funded by contributions from Cigna Corporation (NYSE:CI) and its subsidiaries. The Cigna Foundation supports organizations sharing its commitment to enhancing the health of individuals and families, and the well-being of their communities, with a special focus on those communities where Cigna employees live and work.
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans
- The Brave of Heart Fund Now Accepting Applications: Family Members of Healthcare Workers and Volunteers Who Have Lost Their Lives in the COVID-19 Fight Encouraged to Apply for Grants
- New Cigna Care Card To Help Clients Provide Financial Assistance To Employees Impacted By COVID-19
- Cigna Commends The Administration On Helping To Drive Prescription Drug Affordability For America's Seniors
- Cigna Adds Talkspace To Its Rapidly-Expanding Virtual Provider Network
- Cigna and MultiCare Reach Multi-Year Agreement to Keep Quality Care Affordable