Cigna Foundation to Donate Up to $300,000 to Help Those Affected by the Coronavirus
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., March 3, 2020 -- The Cigna Foundation today announced that it will commit up to $300,000 to support the needs of patients and health care providers directly impacted by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Cigna Foundation has made a $250,000 USD donation to philanthropic partner, Give2Asia, for its work with local nonprofits that support comprehensive relief efforts, ranging from distributing much-needed medical supplies to providing longer-term mental health support for front-line health care workers.
"We are deeply concerned for those impacted by the coronavirus. We hope this donation to Give2Asia can provide some relief to both the health care providers tending to patients and those inflicted as they recover," said Susan Stith, executive director of the Cigna Foundation.
To empower employees looking to contribute, the Cigna Foundation has established a matching fund, dollar for dollar, up to $50,000 USD, with all donations by Cigna employees going to support Give2Asia.
About the Cigna Foundation
The Cigna Foundation, established in 1962, is a private foundation funded by contributions from Cigna Corporation (NYSE:CI) and its subsidiaries. The Cigna Foundation supports organizations sharing its commitment to enhancing the health of individuals and families, and the well-being of their communities, with a special focus on those communities where Cigna employees live and work.
1 (860) 902-4906
SOURCE Cigna Foundation
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna Expands and Extends Its COVID-19 Relief Efforts for Medicare Advantage and Individual and Family Plans
- The Brave of Heart Fund Now Accepting Applications: Family Members of Healthcare Workers and Volunteers Who Have Lost Their Lives in the COVID-19 Fight Encouraged to Apply for Grants
- New Cigna Care Card To Help Clients Provide Financial Assistance To Employees Impacted By COVID-19
- Cigna Commends The Administration On Helping To Drive Prescription Drug Affordability For America's Seniors
- Cigna Adds Talkspace To Its Rapidly-Expanding Virtual Provider Network
- Cigna and MultiCare Reach Multi-Year Agreement to Keep Quality Care Affordable