Cigna Foundation to Donate Up to $300,000 to Help Those Affected by the Coronavirus
BLOOMFIELD, Conn., March 3, 2020 -- The Cigna Foundation today announced that it will commit up to $300,000 to support the needs of patients and health care providers directly impacted by the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).
The Cigna Foundation has made a $250,000 USD donation to philanthropic partner, Give2Asia, for its work with local nonprofits that support comprehensive relief efforts, ranging from distributing much-needed medical supplies to providing longer-term mental health support for front-line health care workers.
"We are deeply concerned for those impacted by the coronavirus. We hope this donation to Give2Asia can provide some relief to both the health care providers tending to patients and those inflicted as they recover," said Susan Stith, executive director of the Cigna Foundation.
To empower employees looking to contribute, the Cigna Foundation has established a matching fund, dollar for dollar, up to $50,000 USD, with all donations by Cigna employees going to support Give2Asia.
About the Cigna Foundation
The Cigna Foundation, established in 1962, is a private foundation funded by contributions from Cigna Corporation (NYSE:CI) and its subsidiaries. The Cigna Foundation supports organizations sharing its commitment to enhancing the health of individuals and families, and the well-being of their communities, with a special focus on those communities where Cigna employees live and work.
1 (860) 902-4906
SOURCE Cigna Foundation
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna and UPMC Pinnacle Reach Agreement to Keep Quality Care Affordable in Southcentral Pennsylvania
- Cigna Expands Stakeholder and Community Support, Reports Second Quarter 2020 Performance
- Cigna Supports Pipeline of Urban Superintendents with $250,000 Grant to School of Education
- Cigna and Memorial Hermann Reach Agreement to Keep Quality Care Affordable
- Cigna Takes Action To Combat Systemic Racism And Improve Equity And Equality
- Aparna Abburi To Lead Growth Of Cigna Medicare Advantage Business