CIGNA IS PROUD TO BE THE PRESENTING SPONSOR OF THE MARINE CORPS MARATHON CONTINUING A TRADITION OF HONORING MEMBERS OF THE U.S. ARMED FORCES
Bloomfield, Conn., September 25, 2020 – Global health service company Cigna is returning for a third year as presenting sponsor of the Marine Corps Marathon® (MCM) to support health and wellness in communities nationwide, and to honor and thank U.S. military members, veterans, and their families. This year's event will host virtual races, with athletes from across the country participating in the full marathon, MCM50K or MCM10K from September 27 through November 10.
"It's a privilege to be a longstanding partner of the Marine Corps Marathon to honor our brave military service men and women and their families," said Brian Evanko, president, U.S. government business, Cigna. "Great things can be accomplished when we support each other. No matter where the event is completed, we celebrate the amazing accomplishments of these athletes and the communities that helped them along the way."
"Never before has our collective physical and mental state been more at the forefront than during 2020. For the MCM, that has meant transitioning to virtual experiences that reflect the true spirit of our events and reward the resiliency and stamina of the participants. It also means working with truly dedicated partners who love this event, appreciate the Marines and have the wellbeing of our runners in mind. Our partnership with Cigna truly reflects these values," said Rick Nealis, Director, Marine Corps Marathon Organization.
In a continued tradition, many participating athletes will join the Achilles Freedom Team, an extension of the Achilles International program, dedicated to wounded, ill or injured members of the U.S. military. Several Team Cigna employees and partners will serve as guides to these Achilles runners.
New this year, Cigna is proud to present the MCM Military Match program. For the first time ever, this program pairs civilian and military runners together to motivate each other while training and to provide support during the virtual run, similar to the partnerships have that existed between Team Cigna and the Achilles' Freedom team. This personal engagement allows civilian runners not only the opportunity to interact with but to also support and encourage an active or retired member of the military. For both of the runners, it creates a sense of togetherness and community within this virtual environment.
A Military Friendly® and Best for Vets employer, Cigna encourages health and wellness and to support veterans nationwide and is dedicated to helping our nation's finest men and women can be found at the office, in communities across the country, and over the phone.
- Through the employee-led and executive-backed group Salute, Cigna offers an open forum, support, and programming for employees who serve or have served in the military, their families, and those that support our veterans.
- Our local ambassador teams partner with military installations, colleges, and community programs to translate and match the job skills of veterans and military spouses with open roles.
- Cigna's free Veterans Support Line (855-244-6211) is available to all veterans, families, and caregivers with services and resources for pain management, substance use counseling and treatment, and more.
- Free mindfulness programs are available four times a week for veterans, their caregivers, and families – and participants do not need to be Cigna customers.
Cigna Corporation is a global health service company dedicated to improving the health, well-being and peace of mind of those we serve. Cigna delivers choice, predictability, affordability and access to quality care through integrated capabilities and connected, personalized solutions that advance whole person health. All products and services are provided exclusively by or through operating subsidiaries of Cigna Corporation, including Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company, Cigna Life Insurance Company of New York, Connecticut General Life Insurance Company, Evernorth companies or their affiliates, Express Scripts companies or their affiliates, and Life Insurance Company of North America. Such products and services include an integrated suite of health services, such as medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, vision, supplemental benefits, and other related products including group life, accident and disability insurance. Cigna maintains sales capability in over 30 countries and jurisdictions, and has more than 185 million customer relationships around the world. To learn more about Cigna®, including links to follow us on Facebook or Twitter, visit www.cigna.com.
About Marine Corps Marathon Organization
The Marine Corps Marathon (MCM) is one of the largest marathons in world. Recognized as "Best Marathon in the Mid Atlantic," and the "Best Marathon for Charities," the MCM honors honor, courage and commitment of its participants. Also known as "The People's Marathon," runners from all 50 states and more than 50 countries participate in the MCM, the largest marathon not to offer prize money. No federal or Marine Corps endorsement is implied. Connect with the Marine Corps Marathon on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Flickr. #RunWithTheMarines
1 (860) 840-1212
1 (703) 987-3191
Other articles in News Releases:
- Cigna and Earvin "Magic" Johnson Join Forces to Combat Health Disparities and Support Minority and Women-Owned Businesses
- Cigna Corporation Announces Appearance at the Credit Suisse 29th Annual Healthcare Conference
- Cigna Corporation's Third Quarter 2020 Earnings Release Details
- Keith Barnes Named Market President for Cigna's Commercial Business in North Texas and Oklahoma
- Cigna Expands Medicare Advantage Offerings to Deliver Greater Affordability, Predictability and Choice to Customers
- New Landmark Study From Cigna Shows American Resilience Is At Risk