4 Easy Enrollment Tips
Choosing a health plan is one of the most important decisions you’ll make. Whether you’re getting ready to enroll in your benefits or just doing some research, these four tips can help the enrollment process go smoothly.
Have the following information on hand for every person you’re covering:
- Names, addresses and phone numbers of current health care providers
- Names of current prescriptions and dosage
- Social Security numbers
- Birth dates
- Addresses (home or school for example)
- Information about other health care coverage you may already have, such as policy numbers
We can help you understand the different types of plans that your employer may offer.
Have a list of these items for every person you’re covering:
- Health history
- Current health care costs, including doctor visits and prescriptions
- Upcoming medical and dental expenses, such as having a baby or a scheduled procedure
- Any out-of-pocket costs, such as copays for doctor visits and prescriptions or daycare for dependents. Account-based plans can help you plan and pay for eligible health expenses.
Search our Health Care Professional Directory to see if your current health care providers, including specialists, hospitals and facilities, are included in your plan’s network. You can also view our Prescription Drug Lists to see if any medications you’re taking are covered by your plan.
If you’re already a Cigna customer, visit myCigna online or through the app, to easily view all your current health and wellness information in one convenient place:*
- Review coverage and claims
- Manage spending accounts and track balances
- Access and print temporary ID cards
- Find an in-network doctor, dentist or facility
- Estimate medical and dental health care costs for specific treatments and procedures
- Get cost estimates for covered drugs from multiple pharmacies in our network
Watch to learn more about myCigna
Questions? We're here to help.
Open Enrollment: Call the pre-enrollment number provided by your employer.
Current Cigna Customer: Call the Cigna Customer Service number on the back of your ID card.
*Actual myCigna features may vary depending on your plan design and individual security profile.