You may already know that exercise gives you strong muscles and a healthier heart. But did you know it can also make you a happier person?
Yup, exercise can make you feel better about yourself, less worried about your problems and more in control of your life. Now that’s something to be happy about.
Happy at home. Happy at work.
Work exercise into your daily routine – wherever you are.
• Mow the lawn or do other work around the yard
• Vacuum, mop or do other fast-paced housework
• Play tag with your kids
• Take the dog for a walk
• Walk or bike to work
• Park far away to add more steps to your day
• Have a “walking meeting”
• Stretch while you’re at your desk
• Focus on your posture to improve your core strength
Stay safe. Stay happy.
Exercise is important. So is making sure you have a safe workout. Here’s how to keep things safe:
1. Warm up. Try walking or stretching for five minutes.
2. Get moving. Get your heart pumping with some cardio, like walking, jogging or swimming.
3. Cool down. Slow down your heart rate with five minutes of walking or stretching.
Are you exercising at the right pace?
How do you know if you’re exercising too fast, too slow or just right? Follow this simple rule of thumb:
• Too fast: You can’t talk at all.
• Too slow: You can easily have a conversation.
• Just right: You can give one- or two-word answers if someone asks you a question.