History of the Financial Development Program
Following are details and statistics about the mission statement and history of the Financial Development Program.
- Duration of assignments: 18 to 24 months, over five to eight years
- Departments of assignments: Accounting, Audit, Finance, Underwriting, Pricing and Sales
- Base competencies: courage, communication, managing others, delivering results, strategy, and personal and interpersonal skills.
- Program began in 1991
- Members: 42 currently; 66 graduates; seven Interns
- 65 percent of the graduates are Senior Executives
- David Cordani: President and Chief Executive Officer
- Dave Bourdon: Business Financial Officer, Cigna International Markets
- Ryan McGroarty: Business Financial Officer, Cigna HealthSpring
- Steve Crooke: Chief Accounting Office, Global Healthcare
- Amie Benedict: President and General Manager of Payer Solutions
We seek individuals who are looking for not just a job, but also a career as a finance, accounting, or business leader. The Financial Development Program is a marathon experience, constantly stretching its associates in new ways and rewarding consistently and rapidly over time.
If you are looking for the most rewarding career and are seeking to be a future business leader – in a place where the community of professionals is second to none – the Cigna Financial Development Program is for you.
What We Do
Our mission is to strengthen the finance community through demonstrated excellence, continuous improvement, and endless knowledge sharing, while supporting Cigna's overall goals and objectives.
How We Win
- We seek professional development through training, mentoring, opportunities, and challenging assignments.
- We lead by example and share best practices.
- We expand our networks and engage in mentoring relationships.
- We identify ways to differentiate ourselves.
- We win as a team. We are focused, determined, and passionate.
What We Value
- Continuous professional development.
- Active participation in the FDP program and the finance community.
- Leadership opportunities and engagement with colleagues.
- Creativity and process improvement in each rotation.
- Professional integrity and responsibility.
Why Choose Cigna FDP
Find out more about leadership opportunities and why FDP may be right for you.
A Variety of Roles and Rotations
Several finance and accounting roles are available in the FDP.