Managed Care Rotational Program
Early-career rotational development program within Cigna’s Medicare & Medicaid-focused business.
- Accelerate your development path as a Managed Care Rotational Program (MCRP) associate with Cigna-HealthSpring®—the Medicare-focused segment of Cigna
- Full-time, two-year development program that provides the opportunity to work in several departments within Cigna-HealthSpring
- Associates complete three 6-10 month long rotations through departments such as Health Services, Physician Relations, Finance, Medical Economics, Sales & Marketing, STARs, Operating Effectiveness, and Client & Customer Services
- Associates spend time learning about the organization while leading key business projects
- Rotational assignments range from business process evaluation & modification to workforce tool development & implementation to cross-functional project management
- Several opportunities for cross-developmental and leadership networking opportunities
- All associates are aligned with mentors to provide career coaching and professional development throughout the program
Developing a range of skills
"I am incredibly grateful that my first role within Cigna-HealthSpring was as an associate in the Managed Care Rotational Program. Because of the MCRP, I have developed a vast range of skills, understand business operations from multiple perspectives, and have built relationships across the organization – this has helped me in numerous ways as an employee now and will continue to help me in numerous ways in the future."
- Shelina, MCRP 2013
Opportunity to learn through guidance
"The MCRP program gave me the opportunity to learn our business from the ground up in each of our key departments. With the exposure to and guidance of the executive leadership team, I was able to work on projects that helped further my understanding of our business model while providing great value and return to our organization."
- Brandon, MCRP 2009