Information For Employers
And Union Groups
At Cigna, we understand each employer and union group is unique. That’s why we offer a variety of group retiree health care coverage options. By working with you to understand your coverage philosophy, Cigna can craft a long-term retiree health care strategy tailored to meet the needs of your organization and your retirees.
Cigna's simple and easy to use retiree plans offer:
- Smooth transitions for individuals moving into new retiree plans.
- Simple communications focused on retirees' needs.
- Toll-free telephone access to customer service and bilingual support.
- Easy-to-understand plan designs with coverage clearly defined in advance.
- Information on treatment options and assistance with health questions with our live support health information line, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Access to discounts and savings on services including hearing, vision, fitness, weight and nutrition, and much more, through the Healthy Rewards®* program.
Cigna's comprehensive suite of retiree health care products and services allows us to deliver solutions tailored to each organization. And for employers or unions interested in alternatives to traditional group coverage, we offer a full portfolio of individual and defined contribution options. We also partner with third-party retiree private exchanges.
Cigna retiree plans at a glance
|Plan Name||Plan Type||Highlights|
|Cigna-HealthSpring® Medicare Advantage||Medicare Advantage HMO and HMO-POS plans with or without prescription drug coverage||
|Cigna-HealthSpring® Rx (PDP)||Medicare Part D prescription drug plans||
|Cigna Medicare Surround®||Medical plans that supplement Medicare**||
|Cigna Medicare Expand®||Medical plans that coordinate with Medicare**||
|Cigna Early Retiree Solutions||Comprehensive suite of medical plans providing pre-Medicare retiree coverage**||
|Cigna Senior Support Services||Retiree Drug Subsidy and Creditable Coverage support||
|Cigna Healthy Future Account®||Alternative defined contribution account designed to support future health care-related expenses||
|Retiree Administration||Comprehensive range of administrative services offered through a preferred vendor arrangement with Mercer Retiree Group Services||
If you are interested in learning more about Cigna and our various products and solutions, please Click Here.
* Healthy Rewards is a discount program. Some Healthy Rewards programs are not available in all states. A discount program is NOT insurance, and the customer must pay the entire discounted charge.
** Availability may vary by state and is subject to change. These products are not offered under a contract with the federal government. Cigna Medicare Surround, Cigna Medicare Expand and Cigna Early Retiree Solutions plans are insured or administered by Connecticut General Life Insurance Company or Cigna Health and Life Insurance Company. In Arizona, Connecticut, and Oregon, the insured Cigna Medicare Surround product is considered a group indemnity medical plan for retirees.